Soldiers end experienced monk's "away-day" at Roi-Et short time hotel

rooster59

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Most surprising part of this story was that he was with a woman.

He was showing her the virtues of love Why you think he was up to no good? I was just thinking if a 51-year-old Monk can land a lady for a good time then there is hope for all of us

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure you'll find it's Thai Sangha: The rules of Buddhism for monks, not the law that has been transgressed.

Surely that's not the purview of government law enforcement agents?

I "get it, this is Thailand.... not quite as bad as some islamic countries though. 

It's satisfying every time the veil of BS is pulled back to expose the hypocrisy of the religious masquerade this, and other countries, labor under, sans separation of church and state; or at least the illusion of one, like in the land of the free, home of the church on every street corner.  ?

10 minutes ago, 55Jay said:
13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm sure you'll find it's Thai Sangha: The rules of Buddhism for monks, not the law that has been transgressed.

Surely that's not the purview of government law enforcement agents?

I "get it, this is Thailand.... not quite as bad as some islamic countries though. 

It's satisfying every time the veil of BS is pulled back to expose the hypocrisy of the religious masquerade this, and other countries, labor under, sans separation of church and state; or at least the illusion of one, like in the land of the free, home of the church on every street corner.  ?

I assume the law enforcement group catch him 'red-handed' and then call the more senior religious bods, who IIRC have to defrock him before he can be arrested, although I'm willing to stand corrected on that one.

True, not as bad as some Islamic countries - I don't think the woman was charged with corrupting the monk.

Perhaps she's on an atheist quest of her own, to get as many "monks done" notches on her bedpost?

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I assume the law enforcement group catch him 'red-handed' and then call the more senior religious bods, who IIRC have to defrock him before he can be arrested, although I'm willing to stand corrected on that one.

True, not as bad as some Islamic countries - I don't think the woman was charged with corrupting the monk.

Perhaps she's on an atheist quest of her own, to get as many "monks done" notches on her bedpost?

I think you're right, defrocking then arrest. 

Point being there doesn't appear to be an actual, or even probable, violation of public law to warrant the government police driving out there in the first place.

The police searched the room, him and his personal effects, laid out on the bed in the OP photo, and didn't find any drugs.  Yet they compelled him to submit to a urine drug test.  

And then they delivered him to the Wat in their tax-payer funded, government issued vehicle, to stand trial in the religious kangaroo court.  Talk about acting under the color of authority on behalf of and as an agent for, a private, religious corporation! 

Interesting to war game this scenario taking place down South.  Would the RTP respond to a muslim citizen's report of a local muslim cleric spotted entering a short time room with a painted lady not his wife, after having dinner and a few Leos with her a pork steak restaurant?  ?

Edited by 55Jay

5 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

{snipped}

Interesting to war game this scenario taking place down South.  Would the RTP respond to a muslim citizen's report of a local muslim cleric spotted entering a short time room with a painted lady not his wife, after having dinner and a few Leos with her a pork steak restaurant?  ?

Probably dependent on finding a muslim RTP officer.

Ha ha - when I read the last line initially I saw it as a double entendre - 'pork steak'

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Probably dependent on finding a muslim RTP officer.

Ha ha - when I read the last line initially I saw it as a double entendre - 'pork steak'

I think you're right again.  LOL!   Cheers, 55J.