Two year work permit... but only a 1 year visa?

So I've been given a 2 year work contract after years and years of getting a one year contract.

My employer tells me that this entitles me to get a 2 year work permit but I will still will only be able to get a 1 year visa.

Is that right?

Don't forget that all those 1 year contracts are classed as continuous employment by the labour department so you will ( if it ever happens ) be entitled to severance based on all those years if you are ever not offered a new contract.

It won't be based on your last contract alone.

Of course if you ever resign then you really get nothing.

Just a heads up. ?

16 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Or an IEAT registered company.

I think most of those companies are also BOI companies.

Basically it is any company or state enterprise that can use the one stop center for extensions and work permits but did not think there was a need to go into that much detail.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

I think most of those companies are also BOI companies.

Basically it is any company or state enterprise that can use the one stop center for extensions and work permits but did not think there was a need to go into that much detail.

Understood Joe, but just to clarify, when I was working for an IEAT registered company, I always had a 2 year validity work permit issued by Chonburi Labour Department and a 2 year extension issued at Sriracha immigration, we were not allowed to go to One Stop to do these.

A bit of a sideline here but can anyone tell me what the story is at SriRacha Immi office these days. Last year I went there to do a visa extension; they told me to go to Jomtien.

Yesterday I went there to get a residence letter for opening a new bank account; they said again "go to Jomtien".

I live in SriRacha, what is the story here.

21 hours ago, Fallangpakwan said:

A bit of a sideline here but can anyone tell me what the story is at SriRacha Immi office these days. Last year I went there to do a visa extension; they told me to go to Jomtien.

Yesterday I went there to get a residence letter for opening a new bank account; they said again "go to Jomtien".

I live in SriRacha, what is the story here.

Been a while since I've had to go to Sriracha immigration office, but as a pure guess. it is likely because this office seems now to be more focused on the border country migrants and perhaps they have been told to refer the others to Jomtien?

In the 12 years that I worked in that area, all of the extensions were done at Sriracha and that was the biggest change I saw, it went from being a reasonably quiet office to a busy one because of it.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:04 PM, Mattd said:

Been a while since I've had to go to Sriracha immigration office, but as a pure guess. it is likely because this office seems now to be more focused on the border country migrants and perhaps they have been told to refer the others to Jomtien?

In the 12 years that I worked in that area, all of the extensions were done at Sriracha and that was the biggest change I saw, it went from being a reasonably quiet office to a busy one because of it.

Yes thanks for that; it was always full of factory staff over the past 8 years or so and I was guessing what you are saying was; is how it is now. You would think there would be some kind of sign outside or leaflet or something. The 2 main glass doors still have a list in English of what they did do which was pretty well everything.