Dramatic Fall On The Set

The SET has been showing dramatic falls over the last few weeks - blamed on oil prices, potential raising of interest rates, political unrest, etc.

Call me cynical but - is oil going to be scarce until, say July/Aug, then the taps are turned on in Iraq and everyone can say "what a good job we've got that oil" just in time for an election this Autumn? - Just a thought :o

GWB is waiting for the signal from the Arab Sheiks in Saudi Arabia. As soon as he gets the signal, soccer moms across America driving their Escalades to Seven

Eleven to pick up a gallon of milk can let out a sigh of relief.

The SET has been showing dramatic falls over the last few weeks - blamed on oil prices, potential raising of interest rates, political unrest, etc.

Call me cynical but - is oil going to be scarce until, say July/Aug, then the taps are turned on in Iraq and everyone can say "what a good job we've got that oil" just in time for an election this Autumn? - Just a thought :o

oil depletion ..

http://www.odac-info.org/

the doomsayers say that demand exceeds supply and is going to get far worse...

oil depletion ..

http://www.odac-info.org/

the doomsayers say that demand exceeds supply and is going to get far worse...

I think this is <deleted> mate. I believe there's plenty of oil, it's water that's going

to be the hot commodity in the future.

I believe there's plenty of oil, it's water that's going to be the hot commodity in the future.

Bloody too true mate. Water shortages are very possible over the next few tears. Hope the water reserves are plentiful...

Again watch out the Thai Bourse!! Thaimee. :o

I believe there's plenty of oil, it's water that's going to be the hot commodity in the future.

Bloody too true mate. Water shortages are very possible over the next few tears. Hope the water reserves are plentiful...

Again watch out the Thai Bourse!! Thaimee. :o

Bloody too true mate. Look out for that snake slithering out your bunghole.

If anyone is interested in making a killing on the Thai Bourse, read on investor's:

GENCO, SSEC, SPSU, TWC, LEE-W1, RAIMON-W, SSEC-W1, SVI-W1, TT&T-W1.

Hope you bought at yesterday evening's closing price's Investor's?

If the above scares you, then try this for the 2004 fiscal period:

More common but less upside...CP7-11, TOC, PTT, SCB, SPSU, KEST and AST.

Thaimee. :o

Thaimee, if I were to go to a broker in Thailand, what is the minimum amount to buy shares? This is new to me, stocks shares, but I'd like to try it.

For those interested:

In opening a Broker Account, we are looking at a minimum Opening Account Deposit of some Four Hundred Thousand Baht. These are generally the new regulations for local investor's!!

If you invested before these recent changes, you'd have been lucky opening an account for say half that amount, although I believe as you'd notice with Visa laws in Thailand, they too are not strictly enforced, so let's guesstimate and say anywhere between 200,000 and 400,000, this should suffice?

There are no strict guidelines as all Cash is W-e-l-c-o-m-e!!

Thaimee. :D:o

If anyone is interested in making a killing on the Thai Bourse, read on investor's:

GENCO, SSEC, SPSU, TWC, LEE-W1, RAIMON-W, SSEC-W1, SVI-W1, TT&T-W1.

Hope you bought at yesterday evening's closing price's Investor's?

If the above scares you, then try this for the 2004 fiscal period:

More common but less upside...CP7-11, TOC, PTT, SCB, SPSU, KEST and AST.

Thaimee.  :D

High returns mean high risk. No exceptions. The return is the premium for taking the risk, that is only fair. Unless you have some special knowledge about a stock you will eventually get burned. So don't speculate with your retirement nest egg.

I think the Thai stock market went up about 100% last year. No market can sustain a rise like that. All markets mean revert over time. It is an historical fact. So expect a drop if not this year then next.

Check out: EXTRAORDINARY POPULAR DILUSIONS & THE MADNESS OF CROWDS by Mackay, written in 1841 !!!!! Most people seem to buy at the peak. (Original edition probably available at JJ market :o )

or

The Intellegent Asset Allocator by William Bernstein. This book provides simplified understanding of portfolio theory which minimizes risk for an expected return.

Do you feel lucky?

Chookdee

So youre saying you've not invested or are interested in the Thai Bourse?

This year, next year or ever for that matter?

What's your stance on investing in the American Market's?

I take your point of view as being valid, although there is another day which has an upside no matter what the recourse, right?

A portfolio of investments which are not correlated with each other has shown to produce the best long term results with minimal risk. For example Japanese Small companies are not well correlated to the S&P500 so these two investments would work well in the same portfolio.

If you are a day trader as I once was it is a high risk high return game. I was a big NASDAQ looser so I only hold a few individual stocks at this time (QCOM, MSTR and JSDU). My retirement money is all in index funds.

Chookdee and be careful with your hard earned money.

In the riskier portfolio, with large upside, I fail to mention that perhaps RAIMON-W need's special attention. If we are familiar with the current butchering of the property sector then one should have a high maintenance rating on Raimon!!

I also failed to mention TFI which has a thirty percent stake in a you know what copper smelting facility. Underlying that TFI is grossly undervalued as all stocks are presently, so this stock can be picked up for a song with a large upside. TFI!!

Hi marc,

if you are contemplating investing in the Thai Bourse, please consider:

a buying opportunity exists's when the buying volume is 30 billion plus!!

stocks i recommend can be played for intraday trading or long term,

if long term please wait for further happenings regarding interest rates!!

Perhaps one could say the market has been aggresively oversold : If you agree then perhaps this is the time to make a punt, if unsure, again please don't invest! All the Online Thai Brokers are credible and i'm not a broker myself, cheers.

Regards Thaimee.

Thaimee, if I were to go to a broker in Thailand, what is the minimum amount to buy shares? This is new to me, stocks shares, but I'd like to try it.

You can do your stock trading over the Internet. Try Phillip's POEMS service at http://www.poems.co.th/ - you can open a pre-paid account with a deposit of 50,000 baht.

Welcome Camerata,

poems looks interesting site. I don't advocate one site from another as all are very good in Thailand.

In addition I praise all the attempts by Thai people offering us a barrage of information from which to base decisions. Of course there will be those that will say it's biased, but then that's another part of the hazy decision process.

The only negative aspect is communicating with the brokers themselves in the kingdom. If you can trust one solitary broker from an expansive list of brokerages, then you should go with that person alone wholeheartedly. Why...

Time must be spent finding the right person who you know will buy the stock you specify when communicating over the telephone. One has to leave the kingdom eventually, correct?

Thankfully all the telephone communications are recorded for recourse, but as I say you don't want it to come down to liable action, correct?

In any event Gent's wait until the buying volume increases considerably. If you are swayed by the returns from this entry point then i'd say it's very viable.

Even though the people are citing 'clouds are looming', a strategic stop loss should cover for the short term, and since Thailand's first quarter grew at a rate of seven percent I would not overly worry about Thailand disappearing into the abyss, far from it!!

Regards Thaimee. :o

poems looks interesting site. I don't advocate one site from another as all are very good in Thailand.

In addition I praise all the attempts by Thai people offering us a barrage of information from which to base decisions. Of course there will be those that will say it's biased, but then that's another part of the hazy decision process.

The only negative aspect is communicating with the brokers themselves in the kingdom. If you can trust one solitary broker from an expansive list of brokerages, then you should go with that person alone wholeheartedly. Why...

This is why I recommend an online service like POEMS for a foreigner who is new to stock trading. You don't have to trust any broker or worry about communicating with them. However, you do need to be serious about having a good Internet connection (or two).

From personal experience I've found that POEMS works fine. Support-wise, they seem to prefer giving advice over the phone instead of by email, presumably because then there's no written record of any bad advice they give.

I've heard that Kim Eng's online service is good, too.

Please stop promoting! I'll get banned for being a monster! I'm only here to converse with investors should they wish to share their point of view. You had your say earlier! Thank you for your time.

Sorry admin, this was not my doing. Thaimee. :o

for the bear's...

from Seamico Post Board

Since I predicted a fall at 770 level (because end of the cycle), my mind didn't change. I also said to come back when we come under 600. At the moment we are in a correction phase (up from 576 to 650) and then we take the next steep step down in the 400-450 area. You can make some money or reduce loss up to 650 but please do not forget to sell. You can buy much cheaper later. Keep in mind: In a downtrend like now the market just rebounds to get bids so big guys can sell more. (The Foreigners did not sell for 62 BillionBaht this year to buy back now. They want to buy back cheap, very cheap). Comments welcome Good luck. Q.Mark

for the bulls...

from Seamico Post Board

"Stocks in Thailand are now on average valued less then half of what they are in developed countries. Yet, many pay more then double in yearly dividens (some triple) of what they yield in developed country stock markets. Most of all, most listed companies on the Thai SET exchange here are growing 2-3 times faster (in earnings and revenues)then the more stagnent developed markets. It can also be added that (again on average) Thai companies balance sheets are in better shape then in 15 years -and have far less financial leverage (loans) then many firms in developed markets. While this is a generalization it is true as compared to the US most EU and Australian bourses..." Paul Renaud. thaistocks.com

Thaimee. :o:D

Please stop promoting! I'll get banned for being a monster! I'm only here to converse with investors should they wish to share their point of view. You had your say earlier! Thank you for your time.

It's not a "promotion," it's a recommendation for beginners to use online trading rather than brokers, based on my personal experience. Exchanging our experiences is the whole point of participating in these forums. If you don't like my views, just ignore 'em.