The week that was in Thailand news: After “cave” and “rescue” it’s back to bag snatches and honest cabbies!

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Lastly, today is the final of the World Cup – an event that has gripped at least one member of the Rooster household for a memorable month.

But in commenting on the likely outcome of the quadrennial showpiece between France and Croatia permit me to quote Bangkok Post legend Bernard Trink when I say….

I don’t give a hoot.

The final is tomorrow, Rooster.

Today we could see England take home the bronze medal :sad:

I can hardly contain my enthusiasm.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The week that was in Thailand news: After “cave” and “rescue” it’s back to bag snatches and honest cabbies!

That's a hilarious title, thanks for the good laugh rooster59.

And your post is great... as usual.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Hopefully that will not center on the actions of the coach who took the boys into the cave in the first place. Goodness knows he has already had 17 days of anguish to think about that fateful decision.

Just want to add... saying that he 'took them into the cave' is assumption rather than fact, and also you're (involuntarily I'm sure!) making him look a bit like the Pied Piper of Hamelin !

The fact is we don't know what exactly happened on 23 June, and how. They, the coach and for the moment very few other people, do know.

These boys are aged 11 to 16 and if they decide to explore the cave, there's not much a 25 year old guy can do to stop them, especially knowing that it will be closed only from July on. OK 1 week before closing time is not much but that's easy to say in hindsight. Accompanying them was, in my opinion, the best choice to be made, and that's what he did.

The sky was bright blue, these kids live nearby, have been to the cave numerous times and are obviously not idiots, so the flash flood obviously came as a ginormous surprise... one they will remember all their lives, that's a given.

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 5:23 PM, rooster59 said:

The Thai people cried disgrace about the intrusive pictures but when young Rooster tried to get a copy they had sold out like hot cakes. Yes, call me ghoulish…even call me Thai….but I collect such things.

Can you still get that Thai magazine, At-Yar-Gum, that shows murder seans, bad road accidents, anything with lots of red stuff in it, an only in Thailand type of thing.

that “Mister Mutt” had promised to invest in Thailand.

Hilarious. Given that the average Thai has great difficulty with either "s" or "k" at the end of an English word, it is obvious that even the supreme general is not gonna be able to say the two of them together! Hence Mutt.
As a comment it may have been better if Mr Mutt had rethunk the whole thing before sticking his nose into the situation. He ended up looking like a bit of a dick. Which I'm sure he isn't.
Some good may come out of it - the general may order 3 of those mini fellas - to help the 3 big'uns from getting bored while hanging about in a dock somewhere . . .

Sent from my E5823 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, sambum said:

"This led to national soul-searching. It was never announced if they found any".

Brilliant! Well - pretty good! 

I loved the double-entendre of "graft"

• Like 1