Trump questions why Obama did not act on claims of Russian election meddling

rooster59

23 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"Greatness" when it comes to nations is referring to their military might. Rome was "great" when it conquered most of the known world, then it wasn't, and the barbarians took over. Britain was "great" when it had the most powerful navy in the world, now it doesn't and it's only great in name. The US was "great" when it was the most powerful military force after WW2. Since Vietnam it has lost that power, but if Trump's enlarged budgets can make it powerful again it will be "great" "again".

BTW, Bhutan is reportedly the most happy country in the world, but no one is claiming it to be "great".

Please don't try and speak for all "non-Americans". You don't.

Well, I obviously don't speak for you. But what makes you think you are speaking for the majority of non-Americans?

To measure the "greatness" of a nation solely on the basis of its military might is alarmingly simplistic. America has a huge number of warts which tear into its population daily, e.g. incarceration rates, mass shootings, pharmaceutical costs, addiction, poverty. There are many nations "greater" on those indicators.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/17/2018 at 6:06 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

"Greatness" when it comes to nations is referring to their military might. Rome was "great" when it conquered most of the known world, then it wasn't, and the barbarians took over. Britain was "great" when it had the most powerful navy in the world, now it doesn't and it's only great in name. The US was "great" when it was the most powerful military force after WW2. Since Vietnam it has lost that power, but if Trump's enlarged budgets can make it powerful again it will be "great" "again".

BTW, Bhutan is reportedly the most happy country in the world, but no one is claiming it to be "great".

Please don't try and speak for all "non-Americans". You don't.

I want everyone to understand that tbl does not speak for all Americans.  Some of us realize that greatness is not measured in military power alone.  Some of us also remember that after we lost the Vietnam War we won the cold war, so we didn't really lose all our power.

I'm all in favor of a US military so powerful that nobody wants to mess with us.  I'm also in favor of only using this military after all other options have been exhausted, so I also want a State Department that is capable, well funded, and can make sure all feasible options are exhausted before going to war.  Trump slashed the State Department budget and has been slow in filling essential positions.

I'm also in favor of the US paying its bills as it goes along, not running up trillion dollar deficits as Trump is doing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, mikebike said:

Ok. I'll play. Obama had about 6 lame-duck months left in his presidency to deal with this issue. 45 has had almost 2 yrs... whisting n waiting...

What are you talking about  in reference to my post?

Obama's Hot Mic ,telling President Dmitri Medvedev of Russia he would have "more flexibility" to negotiate with Putin after the election.

This was considered back than as lack of resolve . But yet it appears to be the same scenario ,Playing politics because he had a election coming! All of this Russian Interference ,that he and others never took care of,has been dropped on the PT administration. Politic propaganda by the left and the establishment have entered a new faze  of Trump Derangement Syndrome . Oh,how nasty their coup politics are .The Coup Crew

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, riclag said:

What are you talking about  in reference to my post?

Obama's Hot Mic ,telling President Dmitri Medvedev of Russia he would have "more flexibility" to negotiate with Putin after the election.

This was considered back than as lack of resolve . But yet it appears to be the same scenario ,Playing politics because he had a election coming! All of this Russian Interference ,that he and others never took care of,has been dropped on the PT administration. Politic propaganda by the left and the establishment have entered a new faze  of Trump Derangement Syndrome . Oh,how nasty their coup politics are .The Coup Crew

I agree politics have become nasty, but that fact that the Republicans were able to brainwash folks by keep on targeting news article and ads towards readers online, makes me think it is very much like what NK does to its citizens. Talk about propaganda. This is one of the main reasons why Trump won with tactics like this, no Trump is not to blame. Just pointing out how dangerous it is in this digital era, how easy folks get manipulated. Anyone can create fake news and just buy ads to target their intended audience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems to me that the Republicans actually want the Russians to hack the elections:

House GOP refuses to renew election security funding as Democrats fume over Russian meddling

WASHINGTON - House Republicans plan to vote Thursday on a spending bill that excludes new money for election security grants to states, provoking a furious reaction from Democrats amid a national controversy over Russian election meddling...

Congress has already spent more than $3.5 billion over the years, Sessions said, and could spend more depending on the conclusions of Special Counsel Robert Mueller or how the November midterm elections go. But for now there's no such need, he said.

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/House-GOP-refuses-to-renew-election-security-13086636.php

Better sorry than safe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mike324 said:

Obama did handle Russia in many ways, he imposed sanctions and signed the Magnitsky Act. You try to make it look like Obama never put down the hammer on Russia. Obama had only a couple months left when news broke of election meddling, so it wasn't enough to impose any sanctions. Trump until now is president way longer regarding to the Russia election meddling. Yet Trump keeps on denying that  Russia influenced the election, only to keep on backtracking his words.

Obama new of all kinds of cyber security threats ,through his entire 2 terms . But this one was special,his administration was spying (surveilling ),on the Trump Campaign.He told  Trump and the world using a broad brush(hacking of voting machines,changing votes on a state level)  that elections can't be rigged and to stop whining.All the while he was getting intel that Russians and others were trying .

So he had some choices keep quiet and let it play out,or stop it . He chose to keep quiet, then when Trump won ,he and his administration used it as a political tool,which led to the Russian Interference Investigation ,set up by Comey ,with the  main focus implicating  PT.

As a result, Trump Derangement Syndrome, several process crimes,25 Russians companies and military were indited with no convictions,  no  evidence of collusion by the The Trump Campaign or Administration.

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

" But this one was special, his (Obamba) administration was spying on the Trump Campaign."

When you open up with that kind of BS, the rest of your post loses all credibility. 

OK, Thanks, I'll keep that stored away

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

Apart from playing a lot golf, we don't know what Obama did. We even don't know for what he got the peace Nobel Prize. He missed good chances to do good things for the USA. As we know of now, it was a mess. But well... the people learned from bad decisions.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a Trump topic you post that Obama played a lot of golf?  Trump spends more more time playing golf than in doing tedious things like receiving intelligence briefings and preparing for nuclear negotiations.  He's way ahead of Obama in golf course time.

Also, we do know what Obama did because, unlike Trump, he did not illegally violate the Presidential Records Act.  If you didn't bother keeping up on the news about what Obama did, that's on you.

When have Trump time to play golf? He's almost every day in TV, (not this forum :), held speeches, meets important people, is traveling around the world, is tweeting.... When should he play golf? There is only one Trump... Unfortunately.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, riclag said:

Obama new of all kinds of cyber security threats ,through his entire 2 terms . But this one was special,his administration was spying (surveilling ),on the Trump Campaign.He told  Trump and the world using a broad brush(hacking of voting machines,changing votes on a state level)  that elections can't be rigged and to stop whining.All the while he was getting intel that Russians and others were trying .

So he had some choices keep quiet and let it play out,or stop it . He chose to keep quiet, then when Trump won ,he and his administration used it as a political tool,which led to the Russian Interference Investigation ,set up by Comey ,with the  main focus implicating  PT.

As a result, Trump Derangement Syndrome, several process crimes,25 Russians companies and military were indited with no convictions,  no  evidence of collusion by the The Trump Campaign or Administration.

Spying on Trump campaign because the folks that Trump hire were breaking the law. No he did not spy on Trump just because Trump was going to beat Clinton correct?!

Obama said election machine can't be rigged, which is what Trump was ranting about. Trump was spewing trash on how the machines are rigged and results will be changed to favor Clinton. Not that election can't be swayed by different means. 

Seems like you mis remember some facts and got a little confused.

Edited by mike324
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Spying on Trump campaign because the folks that Trump hire were breaking the law. No he did not spy on Trump just because Trump was going to beat Clinton correct?!

Obama said election machine can't be rigged, which is what Trump was ranting about. Trump was spewing trash on how the machines are rigged and results will be changed to favor Clinton. Not that election can't be swayed by different means. 

Seems like you mis remember some facts and got a little confused.

Hogwash,Nope  not mis remembering some facts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

"Trump is standing on the back of Obama and his Economy<:

The current economic expansion just became the third-longest on record. The economy has been adding jobs every month for more than six years,

-the economy has been adding jobs for 78 months in a row. Saying Trump is responsible for the current economy is completely disingenuous—his main efforts have been to undo Obama's legacy, many of which are directly responsible for the economic gains the U.S. is seeing.

-Black unemployment has been on the decline since 2011, and it’s declined in other years more than in Trump’s one year"

https://thetylt.com/politics/unemployment-down-obama-trump-responsible

What does this have to do with the topic on hand ! Obama claims on Russian Meddeling!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, riclag said:

Hogwash,Nope  not mis remembering some facts.

Please share some links from your sources that states why Obama was spying on Trump then, if its not because of Trumps aides, what is it then? I would love to see what I'm missing out! Perhaps your right, I've been reading tabloids.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Actually I do follow the news quite closely. What I see that Trump is extremely busy.  Many 30 Years younger guys haven't that power.  For that, I don't need any weird news-articles. I just observe.

Weird? Yes.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/27/media/truck-blocks-camera-trump-golf-course/index.html

https://deadline.com/2017/12/cnn-donald-trump-truck-camera-shot-block-golf-course-obama-1202233430/

Critical thinking my friend. Everyone can link some funny articles.

Edited by alocacoc

27 minutes ago, alocacoc said:

Actually I do follow the news quite closely. What I see that Trump is extremely busy.  Many 30 Years younger guys haven't that power.  For that, I don't need any weird news-articles. I just observe.

Weird? Yes.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/27/media/truck-blocks-camera-trump-golf-course/index.html

https://deadline.com/2017/12/cnn-donald-trump-truck-camera-shot-block-golf-course-obama-1202233430/

You see Trump is really busy? You got a spy camera trained on him?

Did you know you could actually look at his calendar. To judge from that he doesn't seem like a real busy guy to me. https://factba.se/topic/calendar

He's said find the time every day to watch Fox & Friends and his general lack of morning activity noted on his calendar doesn't contradict that.

Not critical thinking. Wishful thinking. 

Who plays more golf: Donald Trump or Barack Obama?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/10/who-plays-more-golf-donald-trump-or-barack-obama/

Edit: Here an up-to-date URL:

https://trumpgolfcount.com/#services

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Weird? Yes.

I apologize if your post stating the Trump doesn't have time to play golf was an attempt at humor.  Please be aware that such subtle humor does not work in this forum.

If you actually thought you were making a point in the above reply, well...

I do have some experience with critical thinking.  Without bogging down in details, they involve degrees in math, engineering, aerospace test jobs, growing up in the bible belt and challenging a literal interpretation of the bible, etc.  And you?

"When I wrote, back in February, that I was skeptical that President Donald Trump would ever be proved to have secretly colluded with Russia to sway the 2016 election in his favor, I mistyped.

What I meant to write was that I wasn’t skeptical."

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/20/confession-of-a-no-longer-russiagate-skeptic-219022

20 hours ago, mike324 said:

Please share some links from your sources that states why Obama was spying on Trump then, if its not because of Trumps aides, what is it then? I would love to see what I'm missing out! Perhaps your right, I've been reading tabloids.

Come on,This is to easy. Cause they didn't want him to be President. 

"Trump: I was "wire tapped"
CNN: Haha. That idiot @realDonaldTrump thinks he was wiretapped.
..Six months later..
CNN: Trump was wiretapped"

"Those deflecting with minutiae are missing the point. To me, they sound like the ones who aren’t thinking".

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/351495-it-looks-like-obama-did-spy-on-trump-just-as-he-did-to-me

Edited by riclag

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

Come on,This is to easy. Cause they didn't want him to be President

"Trump: I was "wire tapped"
CNN: Haha. That idiot @realDonaldTrump thinks he was wiretapped.
..Six months later..
CNN: Trump was wiretapped"

http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/351495-it-looks-like-obama-did-spy-on-trump-just-as-he-did-to-me

You mean that if someone is engaged in dubious dealings intelligence and law enforcement shouldn't target them because they are in a political campaign. Just because they were part of the campaign, doesn't mean that the campaign was being targeted. If you hire ethically dubious people, this kind of thing is likely to happen. The ridiculous article you cite presents ridiculously weak evidence that the Obama administration was targeting the Trump campaign. Mostly it's an exercise in gaslighting about other misdeeds of the intelligence and investigative agencies and trying to tie those to the Trump campaign. If this is all you've got, you've got nothing.