Looking For A Tenor Guitar

bubbaba

I hope this is the correct place to post this request. If not, moderators please move it to the appropriate place.

I am looking to purchase in Thailand a Tenor Guitar, new or used. A Tenor Guitar has only four strings.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

My Thai chum makes guitars and has a few shops dotted around Ubon. He speaks English...Heart & Soul Music, Ubon Ratchathani..

Business is on facebook but he is the only one that speaks English as far as I know and is out and about, but you could just send a message and see what happens..

I could have a chat personally with him if you like..

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

Do you mean a bass guitar? 4 strings. If so, the son is selling his and it's electric plug in as well. Make me an offer and I will pass it on.

A Tenor Guitar is a four string instrument having only strings 1 - 4 of a standard guitar.  A bass guitar has four or five strings and is a much different instrument which is meant to carry the bottom, lower tones of a song, wereas the tenor carries only the higher tones.

11 hours ago, transam said:

My Thai chum makes guitars and has a few shops dotted around Ubon. He speaks English...Heart & Soul Music, Ubon Ratchathani..

Business is on facebook but he is the only one that speaks English as far as I know and is out and about, but you could just send a message and see what happens..

I could have a chat personally with him if you like..

I contacted Heart and Soul on facebook today. They are rebuilding Guitar Custom Shop at the present time. What I need to know for future use is: When will rebuilding be complete and they are back in business? And mainly, do they make or can they make a Tenor Guitar.? Not everyone knows what a Tenor Guitar is including me a few months ago  - so I suggest one go to U-Tube and listen to TenorLord. That man can really play a Tenor Guitar. Many others are on there too. Or, google wikipedia and search for Tenor Guitar.

If you have the time or just happen to see your friend I would appreciate you asking him my questions.   Thank you.

• Like 1

This is "Junior" my solid-body, electric tenor guitar which was built for me a couple of years ago, here in Chiang Mai. I wouldn't happily recommend any of the luthiers here, it was a year-long process which required a lot of input from me especially regarding the technical requirements and choice of hardware etc. The all-in build cost was approximately 15,000 baht and the hardware, another 10,000 baht. I don't know any retail outlet in Thailand that sells tenor guitars but you might be better off having one imported from the US. If you want more details please feel free to send me a message via Thai Visa and I'll happily respond.

Regards,

Joe

P1030244.JPG

54 minutes ago, bubbaba said:

Bluesofa, what is a fiver?   I need more information - Where in Thailand is the guitar located? What is the make/mode?  How old is it? If I am interested, where may I see it?

"fiver" & "tenner"(tenor):

image.png.add8ef7789ee23ae3f9d6df8e06cad6b.png

(sorry!)

Google "TJ Luthier" Bangkok

Also "wiroonguitar.blogspot.com

Chantaguitar.blogspot.com

Strings Shop (www.stringsshop.com) is a high end but very well stocked shop in Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi  24.

"www.acousticthai.net" could be a good resource to check out.

• Like 1