Yamaha touch up paint

m3dave

Morning Dave. I'm also an owner of a new yamaha bike. If I needed touch up paint here's what I'd do. Not saying it will work, but would be my plan.

1. Check with other Yamaha bike dealers. Not all as hopeless as your dealer.

2. Check Mr Google. I've just looked up Yamaha paint code & several pages of paint codes. Most reputable auto body shops will be able to mix for you. Probably have to get a minimum a liter or so.

3. Google will provide details of all, most Yamaha bike clubs in Thailand. I'm sure any of these clubs will point you in the right direction.

4. Last resort would be to contact Yamaha motorcycles in Bangkok for assistance.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Find an insurance company affiliated body shop, or contact your insurance agent to find out what body shop your insurance company uses in your area. For example, in my area (and I'm pretty sure throughout Thailand) Viriyah Insurance has a body shop which they use to fix insured vehicles involved in accidents. Once introduced to this body shop, I have used them for uninsured minor repair work as well. It is my feeling that if you go through a body shop affiliated with your insurance company you are more likely to enjoy better status, will be less likely to be overcharged, and because they are accustomed to being accountable not only to the customer but to the insurance company, you will receive better service than you might receive by randomly walking in off the street to a body shop you happen to find.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1