Visa for fiance and her daughter to uk

Good morning im hoping to do a settlement visa for my fiance and her thai daughter to come to the uk 

has a self employed sole trader over 30 years working  with 1 years accounts with over £25000 earnings how hard is it to get a visa

ive done visas before myself for her to visit the uk a few times and found them very easy if you dont LIE ! 

do you think i can do the settlement visa myself or need to do through visa  company 

regards j

Providing you meet the criteria it really isn't difficult, it just a process that you either meet or not, some people like the comfort of using a qualified agent, and I do mean qualified, but I agree that it isn't really necessary.

If you are married here in Thailand it means your wife can apply for a visa that allows her to live with you in the UK for 30 months before applying for further leave to remain, if you were to marry in the UK when she was on a fiancée visa she would have to apply for FLR within six months and again after 30 months.

Assuming her child is actually a child, you're probably be aware that the financial threshold is higher.

I'm in the process of updating the settlement pinned topic, please check for updates before you decide,

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

Providing you meet the criteria it really isn't difficult, it just a process that you either meet or not, some people like the comfort of using a qualified agent, and I do mean qualified, but I agree that it isn't really necessary.

If you are married here in Thailand it means your wife can apply for a visa that allows her to live with you in the UK for 30 months before applying for further leave to remain, if you were to marry in the UK when she was on a fiancée visa she would have to apply for FLR within six months and again after 30 months.

Assuming her child is actually a child, you're probably be aware that the financial threshold is higher.

I'm in the process of updating the settlement pinned topic, please check for updates before you decide,

i think my only problem is that im a sole trader self employed ,this will be the first year i will earn over £25-000!!!!

would her child be able to come on a 6 month visa?  and can we also apply for her for FLR??

thanks for reply

You need to show a taxable income (not turnover) of £18,600 pa plus £2400 for the child. She will need an A1 English language test and a TB test. I am pretty sure the language test does not apply for kids. Not sure about the TB test for kids. Somebody with experience of the process will no doubt come along and help you further.

Being self employed means that you do have to jump through extra hoops.  You will need a set of accounts. Original bank statements from your bank or printed Internet statements validated by your bank for the whole of the year and also your SA302. It's quite complicated and I paid my accountant an extra £100 so he could check the requirements to make sure everything was right.

FLR will be needed 30 months after the Settlement visa.

You do not need an agent for the visa. Apart from the extra work as you are self employed, imho it's simpler than a visit visa as you don't have to give a reason to return. You will already have 90% of the required information from the previous visit visa.  

4 minutes ago, rasg said:

You need to show a taxable income (not turnover) of £18,600 pa plus £2400 for the child. She will need an A1 English language test and a TB test. I am pretty sure the language test does not apply for kids. Not sure about the TB test for kids. Somebody with experience of the process will no doubt come along and help you further.,,  my earnings will be above the freshold, she did the A1 test here in uk on her last visit , daughter nt need A1, tb for both parties 

Being self employed means that you do have to jump through extra hoops.  You will need a set of accounts. Original bank statements from your bank or printed Internet statements validated by your bank for the whole of the year and also your SA302. It's quite complicated and I paid my accountant an extra £100 so he could check the requirements to make sure everything was right.

FLR will be needed 30 months after the Settlement visa. can she bring her daughter on a fiance visa with a applicatin FLR within ht e 6 months ?

You do not need an agent for the visa. Apart from the extra work as you are self employed, imho it's simpler than a visit visa as you don't have to give a reason to return. You will already have 90% of the required information from the previous visit visa.  

thanks for reply

4 minutes ago, rasg said:

20 minutes ago, rasg said:

You need to show a taxable income (not turnover) of £18,600 pa plus £2400 for the child. She will need an A1 English language test and a TB test. I am pretty sure the language test does not apply for kids. Not sure about the TB test for kids. Somebody with experience of the process will no doubt come along and help you further.

FLR will be needed 30 months after the Settlement visa.

I imagine that the child will be applying as a dependent of the mother  -  so will not require the IELTS test.

If doing fiance visa will  we need to do seperate visa for daughter ??

If she wants to settle in the UK, yes, in fact she will need a visa whatever her plans are.

You’re fiancé and you will need to marry within six months of arrival if she wants to apply for FLR.

51 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

If she wants to settle in the UK, yes, in fact she will need a visa whatever her plans are.

You’re fiancé and you will need to marry within six months of arrival if she wants to apply for FLR.

thanks yet again

17 minutes ago, Damsurin said:

do you have to show the self employed criteria to do FLR ?

Yes you do.

Wherever you marry if you are moving to the UK you have to start with a settlement visa. Marry in Thailand and the Settlement visa lasts for 33 months and after that she will need one period of FLR. She can work in the UK for day 1. Marry in the UK she will need a Settlement visa (fiancé visa) that last for six months. She will not be allowed to work in that time. Then two 30 month periods of FLR. After living in the UK for five years with either option she will then have to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

A1 language test for each of the Settlement visas. For the second FLR if you get married in the UK and the first if you get married in Thailand she will need A2. For ILR she will need the B1 language test and the Life in the UK test. If her English is good, go for B1 at the beginning and bypass A1 and A2.

If you marry in the UK you have that extra period of FLR to pay for so it's quite a saving to marry in Thailand. One advantage of marrying in the UK is that you get a UK marriage certificate. So much easier when traveling to other countries in the West, imho. No translation needed for Schengen visas etc.

5 minutes ago, rasg said:

Yes you do.

Wherever you marry if you are moving to the UK you have to start with a settlement visa. Marry in Thailand and the Settlement visa lasts for 33 months and after that she will need one period of FLR. She can work in the UK for day 1. Marry in the UK she will need a Settlement visa (fiancé visa) that last for six months. She will not be allowed to work in that time. Then two 30 month periods of FLR. After living in the UK for five years with either option she will then have to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

A1 language test for each of the Settlement visas. For the second FLR if you get married in the UK and the first if you get married in Thailand she will need A2. For ILR she will need the B1 language test and the Life in the UK test. If her English is good, go for B1 at the beginning and bypass A1 and A2.

If you marry in the UK you have that extra period of FLR to pay for so it's quite a saving to marry in Thailand. One advantage of marrying in the UK is that you get a UK marriage certificate. So much easier when traveling to other countries in the West, imho. No translation needed for Schengen visas etc.

thanks very much very informative

Another advantage of marrying in the UK is for your fiancee to see if she likes it before marrying. Leaving behind Thailand can be traumatic for Thais especially if her first visit. When I last lived in London I met a Thai girl (early 20s) working at Barking station and she was fron the school I taught at  in Chaiyaphum (small world). She was happy but took my number anyway for a friend....I got a dozen messages from Thai girl friends of hers who had broken up with husbands and bfs as it wasnt for them and had broken up but stuck.

Just being practical! I am married to an Indonesian and whatever she says I know she needs to be near home a lot so we spend lots of time at her family house in school hols. Its an Asian thing you cant runaway from. And approval of the mother in law. Thats a biggie. They need ro meet.

7 hours ago, Nemo. said:

Another advantage of marrying in the UK is for your fiancee to see if she likes it before marrying. Leaving behind Thailand can be traumatic for Thais especially if her first visit. When I last lived in London I met a Thai girl (early 20s) working at Barking station and she was fron the school I taught at  in Chaiyaphum (small world). She was happy but took my number anyway for a friend....I got a dozen messages from Thai girl friends of hers who had broken up with husbands and bfs as it wasnt for them and had broken up but stuck.

Just being practical! I am married to an Indonesian and whatever she says I know she needs to be near home a lot so we spend lots of time at her family house in school hols. Its an Asian thing you cant runaway from. And approval of the mother in law. Thats a biggie. They need ro meet.

thanks for that  as stated she as been numerous times and loves the place 

Archived