Does anyone play tennis in Surin?

Hi everyone,

we're living between Tha Tum and Rattanaburi in northern Surin province. I would like that my daughter Amy (9 years) learns to play tennis, She just got her first Wilson racket and Artengo tennis shoes. We saw that there are tennis courts in Surin, so we're looking for someone who could teach her the basics. We could come to Surin on weekends. Anyone out there? Would be great if we find someone! Amy is very eager to learn,

Amy_180524_0057s.jpg

Amazing, no single expat tennis player in Surin! Well, I located a sports complex called Srinarong Stadium where they have six tennis courts. We'll be out there this Saturday, probably there will be some Thais playing tennis there. I post this just in case someone else in the future will look for a place to play tennis in Surin, The stadium is actually very close to Big C.

Srinarong Stadium Surina.jpg

Srinarong Stadium Surin 03a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Srinarong Stadium yesterday.

In short: disappointing. Not a soul there, not one. Four of the six courts an advanced player wouldn't like to play on. They're pretty damaged. Some youngsters were in the stadium, probably playing soccer, but nobody at the tennis courts. We have to look to Buriram, that's where we will go next weekend.

IMG_20180729_111754s.jpg

IMG_20180729_111459s.jpg

Hi Dario I am a tennis player, recently moved from Pattaya to Surin. I was teaching my girlfriend to play while we were in Pattaya. Perhaps we could all meet up sometime. I would be happy to teach your daughter the basics. I agree the courts in Surin are not in great condition, but I did see some with tennis walls. Once your daughter has mastered the basics, she can hone her skills against the wall or play against my girlfriend.

On 7/31/2018 at 4:15 PM, Bandersnatch said:

Hi Dario I am a tennis player, recently moved from Pattaya to Surin. I was teaching my girlfriend to play while we were in Pattaya. Perhaps we could all meet up sometime. I would be happy to teach your daughter the basics. I agree the courts in Surin are not in great condition, but I did see some with tennis walls. Once your daughter has mastered the basics, she can hone her skills against the wall or play against my girlfriend.

Thank you Bandersnatch, I really appreciate. I only saw your message now, after we returned aout 40 minutes ago from a meeting with tennis officials in Buriram and we have commisssioned a coach for her. She will start her lessons tomorrow morning 08:00 and will do so every SAT/SUN and during the school holidays. Yes, Surin would be about 40 km x 2 closer than Buriram, but I must say the tennis facilities in Buriram (5 courts) are really mind blowing, brandnew, opened only about 3 weeks ago. We just missed the chance for Surin for a matter of threee days. Maybe we can meet each other once on a weekend in Buriram, it's not far from Surin. I add some pictures for the readers. The last one is of Amy.

20180804_115358s.jpg

20180804_115410s.jpg

20180804_115435s.jpg

20180804_115916s.jpg

20180802_164931s.jpg

• 5 months later...

UPDATE: Driving 2 x 125 km to Buriram for tennis training every weekend is not really the way to go. Plus, the coach there is not the real thing. You can see Amy training here. We're still looking on closer pastures, like Surin. Any tennis player in Surin, please contact us. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Update: We found two tennis courts in Surin next to the Public Health Office. They are only open on appointment. We visited the courts once in the evening since we were informed that some people play tennis there after 5 pm. We found an excellent tennis coach and on January 20 and 27 our daughter Amy had her first two sessions with her new coach. We are very happy we can now play tennis closer to our home. You can see Amy playing on these courts here.

Archived