Culture Ministry aims to set up committee for ‘Wild Boars’ movie

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

That is a bit of a cynical take on it I think.. You can see they are under a lot of pressure from not just 1 but at least 5 production companies..  Appropriate that they should try to keep some control over how the rescue is portrayed... and set some stiff guidelines protecting the boys from exploitation.

"protecting the boys from exploitation." 5555555555555

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They want to ensure accuracy, Hollywood movies are not known for accuracy.

Why should they be we want drama not a documentary account. As much as I like doccos and will look forward to seeing one on this subject.

Oh...so if the Culture Ministry is involved, I guess a documentary, based on facts, is off the table!

I can imagine, what will happen in this movie, but making my predictions known, might get me in deep deep doo-doo!

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The committees will be concerned about the accuracy of the story,

The accuracy is what the Thai authorities say it is and we all know the lies that came from the top!

Like 'Anna and the King', a film company will be frustrated by Thai demands and finish up making it on location somewhere else.

Movie makers bent over backwards to film 'Anna and the King' in Thailand but after changing the script so many times to appease the Thai government, it was made in Malaysia and Singapore.

1 hour ago, kcpattaya said:

The Thais are smelling money again....
Greed - greed - greed

& they will bring in the main Thai star from F & F 7 to coach them

" I want more, not enough before, & a lot more since I have to do more then 5 minutes "

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Some of their productions include:

1. God's Not Dead

2. God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness

3. God's Not Dead 2

4. Do You Believe?

Most of these movies are low ranking B grade budget movies. The boys deserve something better than this.

Opportunists at their very best. Typically, envelopes will decide if they get the contract.

Yes I do hope the committee reject "Jesus saved them" B's! 

This is the guy that didn't get along with the Governor of Chiang Rai due to the Governor complaining that only 60% of funds were getting thru from Bangkok for infrastructure spending and the purchase of art work that was thought 10 times more than retail.

So what do you call a man like this. Mr 40%.

48 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

You wouldn't expect an opportunity for some Thai bashing and cynicism to be passed up by the TV experts would you?

or some humourless retort from the ministry of sad sacks. 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Culture Ministry is to propose setting up a special film board committee to oversee the production of a “Wild Boars” movie at the next mobile Cabinet meeting on July 24 in Ubol Rachathani, Culture Minister Vira Rojpojchanarat said on Thursday.

Is looking like that guy have now a lot to do...???

There are so many potential movies in Thailand. I saw another football team loaded into a pickup truck yesterday, standing room only, with a 6mm water pipe being the only thing holding them in, I counted 15. They also escaped death. It would make a great movie.

Well this was unexpected making a movie

this Cave will no doubt become one of Thailand's top tourist destinations

Once  the movie is out there will be no stopping the number of tourists arriving

Always look on the bright side Farangs could be charged Thai prices for entry  

About 250 km to China from Chiang Rai, so expect many chinese ghouls, oops sorry, tourists to come and visit the cave, suck from the nearest stalactite, write a name/date on the wall, toss instant noodle cups all over the cave, take a 1000 selfies and have a great time being fearless in the cave.

Next year in Lonely Planet guide to Northern Thailand, i predict at least 2 pages devoted to Thum Luang cave, the lodges nearby, the street food available and cost of massages parlors in Mae Sai.

Don't fight it!  It's the way of the world these days.

2 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

About 250 km to China from Chiang Rai, so expect many chinese ghouls, oops sorry, tourists to come and visit the cave, suck from the nearest stalactite, write a name/date on the wall, toss instant noodle cups all over the cave, take a 1000 selfies and have a great time being fearless in the cave.

Next year in Lonely Planet guide to Northern Thailand, i predict at least 2 pages devoted to Thum Luang cave, the lodges nearby, the street food available and cost of massages parlors in Mae Sai.

Don't fight it!  It's the way of the world these days.

There is another Country between China and Thailand and Chinese cannot drive cars from China to Thailand , Chinese people would have to fly from China to BKK and then up to Maesai .

Is there a Thailand Lonely Planet due out next year ?

Okay...I am really asking myself, WHAT is the material to make a movie out of this, if you don't prop it up with all kinds of religious and nationalistic humbug?

13 people sitting in the dark for some days, sharing some food and drinking water!

Outside, people are preparing the rescue - mission, which so happens!

The End!

But let me guess: a monk predicts, the boys will be found! (Well...not where he predicts it, but...oh well...!)

The boys sit inside the dark and ask for strength by looking teary eyed at pictures of you- know- who, which they all carry with them at any given time!

Cut back to outside, where the big head-honcho arrives and his mere presence gives hope to the rescuers and the parents and everybody around!

See the great Thai- Navy and Army working tirelessly to come up with the best solutions and there is an English cave- diver but quickly back to the open water dive instructors of the Navy Seals....

Hand me a bucket, please!? 

2 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

You wouldn't expect an opportunity for some Thai bashing and cynicism to be passed up by the TV experts would you?

No :thumbsup:

And may it continue, with full steam ahead, on this movie subject.

Ps Hey greedy guys,   Leave them kids alone. 

So why would they bother coming to thailand and dealing with all the red tape and having everything controlled by another group. They will film it in another country with hollywood actors and just say it is loosly based on the mu pa teams story while holding 100% control of the movie and the direction of the movie as well as 100% of the profits lol.

2 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

Well here's the thing, they said that they need to focus on securing caves around the nation, and making things more safe for Thais and tourists. Where is the money and effort being put into those statements? I don't know, do you? Instead, we hear that money and effort is going to be put into a movie however

53 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Okay...I am really asking myself, WHAT is the material to make a movie out of this, if you don't prop it up with all kinds of religious and nationalistic humbug?

13 people sitting in the dark for some days, sharing some food and drinking water!

Outside, people are preparing the rescue - mission, which so happens!

The End!

But let me guess: a monk predicts, the boys will be found! (Well...not where he predicts it, but...oh well...!)

The boys sit inside the dark and ask for strength by looking teary eyed at pictures of you- know- who, which they all carry with them at any given time!

Cut back to outside, where the big head-honcho arrives and his mere presence gives hope to the rescuers and the parents and everybody around!

See the great Thai- Navy and Army working tirelessly to come up with the best solutions and there is an English cave- diver but quickly back to the open water dive instructors of the Navy Seals....

Hand me a bucket, please!? 

I agree with you, DM07 - agree with you very much.

I particularly liked your comment about a certain inspiring portrait getting the boys through their ordeal and about the Thai film flashing brief glimpses of the English/Australian/ other Western divers, but then giving a huge, protracted focus on the Thai Navy Seals, and the arrival of our wonderful Leader. And we will all learn that what we had previously thought of as barely enough to live on (in terms of food, oxygen, accommodation), etc, is actually sufficient - more than enough, as the boys have proven ...

Oh, yes - it will be an exercise in jingoism, superstition, and foolish nationalism if the military junta have any real control over the project  - depend upon it.

Archived