Visa Question

OK .... thats what I was afraid of. It is very difficult to get a work permit as a musician in thailand. You pretty much have to go through a big hotel to do it. Unfortunately, my situation is I have a girlfriend with a kid on the way, and she doesn't want to come to the states. It makes more sense at the moment to be in thailand for a while anyway- prenatal care is pretty darned expensive here and she couldn't qualify for social services with a fiance visa.

It is extremely irksome to have to give up doing what you have worked your life to do, though.

That is a good idea, and one I was thinking about. I teach private lessons and small group classes here already, and would like to teach music lessons in Thailand. I don't know if I'm quite qualified as a music teacher that isn't specific to the drums, though.

What kind of schools should I contact? How should I go about tracking them down? Thanks

OK .... thats what I was afraid of. It is very difficult to get a work permit as a musician in thailand. You pretty much have to go through a big hotel to do it. Unfortunately, my situation is I have a girlfriend with a kid on the way, and she doesn't want to come to the states. It makes more sense at the moment to be in thailand for a while anyway- prenatal care is pretty darned expensive here and she couldn't qualify for social services with a fiance visa.

It is extremely irksome to have to give up doing what you have worked your life to do, though.

If you are not married to the Thai lady, however did you ever get a spousal visa ?

If you are not married to the Thai lady, however did you ever get a spousal visa ?

As I seem to be having a baby with (a good) one, I reckon marrying her isnt't out of the question. I.E. I don't have one, but could get one.