Change Tourist to Non Immigrant O - where?

There exists a form TM 86 to apply for change of visa status from "Tourist" to "Non Immigrant".

Can this change be done in any immigration office or only in BKK?

Regards

Thedi

The reason to change is, that consulates in Switzerland give Non Immigrant O "retired" visa to 50+ men married a Thai national

or to nonmarried men only if he can show a "Abmeldebestätigung" which would prevent him to keep his health insurance.

16 minutes ago, thedi said:

The reason to change is, that consulates in Switzerland give Non Immigrant O "retired" visa to 50+ men married a Thai national

or to nonmarried men only if he can show a "Abmeldebestätigung" which would prevent him to keep his health insurance.

The change can be done based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon being 50 or over or marriage to a Thai.

I looked at the embassy website and it does not mention a "Abmeldebestätigung" for either non-o visa application. It does mention a "Försäkringskassan" for being 50 or over.

See: http://thaiembassy.se/en/visa/types-of-visa/

The required "Abmeldebestätigung" is only in Switzerland (Bern or Basel) for application of a Non Immigrant O based on "retirement", 50+, not married to a Thai national.

If married to a Thai an "Abmeldebestätigung" is not required, instead a "Wohnsitzbestätigung" is accepted.

This rule seams to be only in Thai consulates in Switzerland.

To keep legal residence in Switzerland has several consequences, one of them is to keep ones health insurance in Switzerland. For some people this is important. A work around for a non married Swiss would be to apply in a Thai consulate in Switzerland for a Tourist Visa and then change the status to Non Immigrant in Thailand.

Regards

Thedi

Edited by thedi

42 minutes ago, thedi said:

The required "Abmeldebestätigung" is only in Switzerland (Bern or Basel) for application of a Non Immigrant O based on "retirement", 50+, not married to a Thai national.

Sorry I got sidetracked and looked at Sweden.

I cannot find it on the embassy in Bern website either. http://thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/146.html

Also not able to find it on the consulate in Basel website. https://www.thaikonsulat.ch/Merkblatt_Non-Immigrant_O_Visa_Ruhestand_in_Thailand.pdf

Have you been told it was a required by them?

I apparently missed that when I looked at it the first time. 

Try the embassy in Bern and see what they say. But I think what they show is for a non-oa long stay that allows a one year entries not a non-o visa.

If not get a tourist visa and do the change of visa status at immigration.

Same same in Bern.

For non married Swiss the way to go is Tourist and then change in Thailand to Non Immigrant. 

There is a rumor that since 3 years, this change can only be done by immigration in Chaeng Watana. Hence my inquiery here. The rumor seams to be baseless and probably stems from „offices“ who want to „help“ and cash some money.

Regards

Thedi

8 minutes ago, thedi said:

There is a rumor that since 3 years, this change can only be done by immigration in Chaeng Watana. Hence my inquiery here. The rumor seams to be baseless and probably stems from „offices“ who want to „help“ and cash some money.

Prior to about this time last year only certain offices could do them. If your home office did not do them you could do it in Bangkok.

Now all offices are all offices are authorized to do them. Unless living in Bangkok now they will turn you away now.