Small But Annoying Problem With Firefox

sumrit

After repeatedly reading and being told Firefox was better than IE I finally decided to install it. First immpressions were that it seems similar to IE7. However, when I use the back button the page I'm going back to doesn't refresh at the same time, as it does in IE. For example if I'm browsing the Tv forums I would go to say the 'view new posts' menu page to look at the latest topics.I'd then go to a topic and read that before clicking the back button to go back to the menu page. On IE this also refreshes the menu page and gives me the latest topics, but with Firefox it just goes back to the old menu page I'd been to before reading that topic. Just a bit frustrating if I'm following a topic and I miss a reply because the page hasn't refreshed. Does anybody know of any settings I can change in Firefox so the page refreshes automatically?

Edited by sumrit

Use the standard reload button or the extended version that you can find at https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1410/ or load this one that reloads every so many seconds or minutes based on your iput https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/115/

I know I can use the reload button but IE does does it automatically, besides, as the wife says, I'm lazy, so much so, I've even got forward and back buttons on my mouse so I don't have to go to the trouble of moving the pointer to the top left hand corner of the screen. Why would I go to the trouble of getting that feature and then be happy to have to move the pointer all the way up to the reload button? :o

Seriously though, when I've got an hour to spare I tend to sit at my PC and browse. I might have thai visa open in 1 tab, an on line UK newspaper in another and maybe a sport site in a third. With the internet problems we've had lately it's sometimes difficult to access UK web sites. I've found that if I have problems on IE I can sometimes go on to Firefox and access the web sites without a problem (and visa versa). If I forget I'm on Firefox I'll click the back button but not the reload and then find I've missed something. Like I said, not a big problem, just frustrating. It would just be nice to have them both set up the same, then I wouldn't even have to think about it.

Thanks for the links. I can't get on them at the moment, either on IE or Firefox (internet problems again) so I'll look at them later.

Edited by sumrit