Where to get Khao Soi in Samui?

Going to Samui again in a few days, and looking - like every time - for a good bowl of Khao Soi, the Northern curry soup with noodles.  I've never found a good one in Samui.  The S&P franchise at Big C has some, which is just OK.  For a short while, there was Kati in Nathon, a fancy restaurant with an amazing menu including Khao Soi, but sadly they closed.

Any suggestions, please?

12 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Food court in Central Festival have a Chiang Mai food vendor that has Khao Soi, also have very spicy Nam Prick Ong. 

The food there is great but it's a Zoo at lunchtimes if my experience on Sunday is anything to go by...

(Sparrows doing back-stroke in unattended meals & screaming kids belonging to a specific nationality free to do as they please with no hint of parental control. The noise was akin to a football stadium when the home team scores!)

Someone told me about the place at Central food court before, but I couldn't find it.  Walked around the entire food court, no sign of anyone selling Khao Soi.  Can you describe where exactly it is, or what it's called?

11 hours ago, leola74 said:

Someone told me about the place at Central food court before, but I couldn't find it.  Walked around the entire food court, no sign of anyone selling Khao Soi.  Can you describe where exactly it is, or what it's called?

It's on the middle island close to where you pay. 

There was a small restaurant selling only khao soi in mae nam but sadly it's closed now. Also there was a khao soi vendor at the temple market in Bophut this week, we asked and they said normally they are selling it in some shop close to/opposite Replay condo, but Im not sure where exactly. The Khao Soi in Central food court is not worth it.

Edited by highfive

On 7/27/2018 at 4:31 AM, leola74 said:

Went to check that the Khao Soi vendor in Central is still there. 

It's next to beverages in the central island. 

It says Khao Soi in Thai, in English it says northern style curry soup, 90 baht, expensive but you get alot. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 5:07 PM, highfive said:

There was a small restaurant selling only khao soi in mae nam but sadly it's closed now. Also there was a khao soi vendor at the temple market in Bophut this week, we asked and they said normally they are selling it in some shop close to/opposite Replay condo, but Im not sure where exactly. The Khao Soi in Central food court is not worth it.

It's here: https://goo.gl/maps/6v9hseLiRcL2 it's a big house next to the clinic, they mainly sell Khao Soi for 60 baht.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 9/25/2018 at 11:47 AM, PoorSucker said:

Thank you, went there today with my ChiangMai wife, both thought it was amazing.

Anyone know their hours? Phone number? Don't want to drive over from Bang Po to find they're closed ...

2 hours ago, leola74 said:

Anyone know their hours? Phone number? Don't want to drive over from Bang Po to find they're closed ...

I was there around 4pm, think they make a batch for dinner. 

In the house to the right just before the gates to the government health care center. 

Screenshot_20190630-144718.thumb.png.86c4eb9691c10f138185f4cd11d2a24b.png

Turn right at the yellow curve road sign towards Bangrak. 

Screenshot_20190630-144850.thumb.png.6394736609f48c51dff12974ba0217dc.png