49yo German national with 36 k Baht pension wants to stay for 9 months

Just need to have one bad accident without your fault and stay 3 years in hospital at age 45 then a divorce. My friend lost everything because of a drunk f...

On 7/26/2018 at 6:01 AM, BMW Overlander said:

36,000 Baht pension?

How can anyone live month to month on that money?

On 7/26/2018 at 6:27 AM, UnkleMoooose said:

36k per day and you'll have a good life; 36k per week and you'll get by; 36k per month and that's subsistence living. Not enjoyable at all I would imagine.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, MikeRay said:

And perhaps a health insurance, as he couldn't find one that will cover former illnesses. 

He might check the ADAC Langzeit insurance, covering a under 66 year old up to 24 months: https://www.adac.de/produkte/versicherungen/auslandskrankenversicherung-langzeit/tarife-und-leistungen/

Edited by BernieOnTour

Absolutely possible to live on 36K/Mo.
BUT:
It's the unforseen Health/Accident risk that hangs like "the sword of Damokles" over the head of so many Farangs living in Thailand. Health insurance expensive, pre-existing conditions not covered. Self insure? Sure, as long as ones private "Self-Insurance-Fund" consists of several million Bht.
Cheers.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Media1 said:

Much less and on the see forums I here so much shit flowing. A Thai feeds his whole family 20k and rent. There all fat and plump. Thailand is cheap. A stupid man will always give more

Most Thais have a lot of debt, being fat says nothing about the food being good.

Edited by FritsSikkink

15 hours ago, wump said:

Exactly. There is plenty of German guys on 600-700 euro pensions in Pattaya and elsewhere. I don't think op will do too bad on his 920 euros pension.

And they are all looking for the cheapest food and drinks and don't have a proper health insurance

I have USA based private health insurance.  National Health care sounds like a good idea to me, even as a staunch conservative , for various reasons. If I become ill, say I if I break my arm, it is covered. It does not matter if I brake it in the USA on a sidewalk, on vacation in Thailand riding a motorbike or falling off the stage at "Long Gun" Soi Cowboy, 

I don't buy travel insurance it would be redundant. Should I be buying it?

Tell me again what is so great about socialized medicine?

@MikeRay

your friend receives disablement pension if a 100 % ok if not he ought to be aware that the german health authorities conduct a routine check about his health condition every 24 months. thereto, he is allowed to stay out of germany for no more than 6 months when receiving disablement pension not being declared 100 % diisabled.

wbr

roobaa01