Pattaya police do nothing after infirm Russian woman robbed of phones in her own home

webfact

Pattaya police do nothing after infirm Russian woman robbed of phones in her own home

4p1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Locals have complained about the lazy Pattaya police after an elderly Russian woman was robbed of two phones.

Now they have gone on social media to try and get the criminal arrested themselves.

Maleena, 65, was out feeding some dogs in the street on Tuesday morning when a man befriended her and asked if she could give him a drink of water.

She took him inside her home in the Thepprasit estate and he repaid her kindness by stealing two Samsung phones worth 20,000 baht.

4p2.jpg

Yoowadee, 33, an official at the housing estate, told Sanook that she contacted the police by phone but no one turned up.

Then she went into the station herself with CCTV footage but they just took a report and said that the Russian woman must report it herself.

Yoowadee said that was not possible as the Russian woman was old and had mobility issues with two bad knees.

Tough luck, said the cops, who appeared indifferent to the case.

Two days after the theft no contact had been made by the police so neighbors went online to try and get help to find the thief.

He was described as "walking like a lady boy" carrying a mini Big C bag.

Maleena herself told Sanook that she couldn't be bothered to do anything. She lives at the house with two people but these appeared to be away in Bangkok. She has a Thai son-in-law.

But she did say that she won't be giving anyone a free drink anymore.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-27
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Stop feeding the vicious stray dogs and take more care of your belongings would be a step in the right direction.as usual the police are bloody lazy and useless.

So, if she would have been out buying grocery´s you would have been seeing this out of another perspective, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BuckleUp said:

... "walking like a lady boy" .... so that leaves about 30% of the population as suspects? Oops, it's in Pattaya - make that 85%.

Doesn't the  mini Big C bag narrow it down even more slightly also?..

Edited by james.d
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Sad to say this really doesn't surprise me. A few years back during Songkran when my then 12 year old son went to his mums bike to get some money from under the seat a lad punched him to the ground and stole the bike. Cops wanted 10,000 to even begin an investigation. Thailand really needs to sack the whole lot and start again.

Exactly the same price my S-i-L was asked for after her car was stolen.  The actual thief had been apprehended and brought in my car to Jomtien police station.

• Like 1