Investment Visa Requirements

Hi,

i am considering applying for an investment visa and have a couple of questions,

I own 2 condominiums purchased for a combined total of 8 million Bht & have a bank 

account with CIMB Thai, before I transfer 2 million Bht to meet the 10 million Bht requirement,

is CIMB bank 50% Thai owned. If not I will need to open another bank account, which are the simplest

ones to open as I currently have a retirement visa.

Many Thanks.

See clause 2.5 of Police Order 327/2557  basis for extension of stay for the requirements.

Are your condos new builds? That seems to one of immigrations requirements to get the extension based upon investment now from reports I have seen. The first requirement mentioned is proof the 10 million was transferred into the country and then the condo purchase.

Not sure it is a 50% Thai owned. Their website states this "CIMB Bank Berhad became the largest shareholder". https://www.cimbthai.com/en/about-us/history/cimb-thai-bank.html

1 minute ago, Mironov55 said:

Any suggestions on which banks are easier to open accounts 

with a retirement visa?

You will need a fixed deposit account not a regular saving account.

All of them are about the same. Sometimes you have to try different banks and branches of the same bank.

Do you have an extension of stay based upon retirement or a non-o or OA visa issued by an embassy. If on an extension it should be easy to open an account.

Bangkok Bank's requirements are here. http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/FixedDeposits/Pages/Default.aspx

Showing you own condos will help as well.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:
1 hour ago, Mironov55 said:

Any suggestions on which banks are easier to open accounts 

with a retirement visa?

You will need a fixed deposit account not a regular saving account.

All of them are about the same. Sometimes you have to try different banks and branches of the same bank.

Do you have an extension of stay based upon retirement or a non-o or OA visa issued by an embassy. If on an extension it should be easy to open an account.

Bangkok Bank's requirements are here. http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/Accounts/FixedDeposits/Pages/Default.aspx

Showing you own condos will help as well.

Mironov55,

Try Bangkok Bank on the ground floor of The Emporium.   

And as UbonJoe suggested take details of your condos and explain what you need the account for.

2 hours ago, Mironov55 said:

i am considering applying for an investment visa and have a couple of questions,

Why? If you qualify for a ‘retirement visa’  (extension of stay) there is not point.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:53 PM, elviajero said:

Why? If you qualify for a ‘retirement visa’  (extension of stay) there is not point.

I guess he is not 50 years old yet.. and also not married to a thai. So the Investement Visa would then the best option...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I guess he is not 50 years old yet.. and also not married to a thai. So the Investement Visa would then the best option...

He says he already has a retirement visa, therefore, he must be over 50;

On 7/27/2018 at 5:21 AM, Mironov55 said:

... I currently have a retirement visa.

8 minutes ago, HampiK said:

OP states he currently has a Retirement visa/extension.

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:

He says he already has a retirement visa, therefore, he must be over 50;

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP states he currently has a Retirement visa/extension.

Sorry.. should read it better...

Yes in this case I would not change as well, especially as he also have to put some extra money in a bank account.

• Like 2