Grab Again

jonwilly

Used Grab car last night.

First car to go down town well he had trouble finding me even though I was stood half way across road. Then we pulled away and engine cut.

Very young driver tries starting in gear with clutch depressed, OK but moment engine fires he drops the clutch and engine stalls.

He repeated this several times and we ended up being driven down road by battery driving the gearbox and car. 

I demanded new Grab and he managed to cancel trip. New Grab arrived in say 5 mins and was OK.

Returning from Blue Mango restaurant I ordered Grab car and they found one. 2 mins which soon turned to 4 to 7 and eventually it was 20 mins before I got my Grab.

I was on Chan Moi road, car was south of Tha Phae road. Driver got onto Tha Phae drove down then turned left as she had to and instead of taking first 180 to go up Mun Muang she continued down to end of moat and turned right to go along 'bottom' of moat.

When she went down Wua Lai Road I called her and lucky she spoke perfect English, I informed her I was on Chan Moi road where she turned around and headed to me.

Good looking lady late 20s and we had pleasant chat on way to my condo. She was from down south so CM was not her native town. Very careful driver.

It is not possible to cancel Grab once you have accepted and if you then take a Songktaw you get charged B35 from memory.

john

Unfortunately there's no better alternative to Grab, especially with Uber gone. I'm sure they know About the issues with the app and are working to fix them. Even in its current state Grab, with a buggy app and inexperienced drivers, is far superior than sitting on a wooden plank in the back of pick up or having to deal with tuk tuks. 

" far superior than sitting on a wooden plank in the back of pick up or having to deal with tuk tuks. "

Yes I agree, but the more folk complain the beter chance we have of getting improvment.

john