New passport, visa not copied

My yearly extension was not copied to my new passport because the extension was given in Phuket, not in Surin were I now live. They (immigration) told me have to done in Phuket.

Lucky the extension only lasts till september so I think I will have a dash over the border to Cambodia, come back on an exemption and do the extension stuff after. Cheaper then going to Phuket. 

There is no requirement for the extension to be transferred at the office that issued. If you have changed your address to Surin they can do the stamp transfer.

What is your extension based upon?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bubblegum said:

I think I will have a dash over the border to Cambodia, come back on an exemption and do the extension stuff after. Cheaper then going to Phuket.  

Converting your exemption-entry to a Non-O type entry, then getting an extension on that, may be more hassle than you expect.  How much of a hassle for the Non-O stamp varies by office - but air-tickets bought in advance are not too expensive, so may be well worth the time (definitely what I would do - even if I had to go all that way by bus). 

As others have noted, you should also do the location-change process, to avoid possible fines (may be too late to avoid a fine now).

48 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Converting your exemption-entry to a Non-O type entry, then getting an extension on that, may be more hassle than you expect.  How much of a hassle for the Non-O stamp varies by office - but air-tickets bought in advance are not too expensive, so may be well worth the time (definitely what I would do - even if I had to go all that way by bus). 

As others have noted, you should also do the location-change process, to avoid possible fines (may be too late to avoid a fine now).

agree, would be cumbersome and lengthy to start the process all over from scratch

Last year I got a new passport, I rang the embassy to see how to go about getting the retirement extension transferred to my new passport, they told me not to do anything, just carry the old and the new passport together until such time as I had gone through the next renewal in my new passport. No problems at all, travelled in and out of the country once and no problems either when I went for the retirement extension. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JWRC said:

Last year I got a new passport, I rang the embassy to see how to go about getting the retirement extension transferred to my new passport, they told me not to do anything, just carry the old and the new passport together until such time as I had gone through the next renewal in my new passport. No problems at all, travelled in and out of the country once and no problems either when I went for the retirement extension. 

Isn’t your old passport made void when you have the new one.

? Are you saying when you went through immigration they just looked at the re entry stamp in your old passport and stamped you in on the new passport?

On 7/28/2018 at 3:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement for the extension to be transferred at the office that issued. If you have changed your address to Surin they can do the stamp transfer.

What is your extension based upon?

I have changed my address to Surin. My extension is based on Non -O- Retirement.

6 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

My wife went to Immigration to confront them. All very nice "sure you can do, who told you that you cannot. Can do now" 

A different day and a different officer can change everything.

Glad it got sorted out.