cheap gas cylinder?

cnxvegan

hi, i am helping with a non-profit startup, they are trying to set up a house on land for the worker, and are in a very tight budget.

they want to get a propane gas cooker set up, and i want to know if there is any place that is particularly cheap for a cylinder and a regulator that any of you know of, right now, the local price is about 4000 thb for it, and they want to find it cheaper

Edited by cnxvegan

18 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

We paid about 2500 for the cylinder and 250 for the regulator. refill is about 400.

Recently payed 3000 for large bottle (new) and regulator, refill is 400. Seems to be the going rate.

You can buy smaller gas bottles,which would make the cost

cheaper,you would just have to refill more often,but if just for

1 person should last quite a while,think they are about 5 Kg,

while the big ones are 15 Kg.,use same regulator.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

2400 baht for what size in kg?

Got to buy it where you will get refills, if not refill exchange guy may refuse to give you service.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

Thats incorrect.

you can buy from anywhere and you can fill up from anywhere.

Everyone wants the business and pretty much every bottle is made and filled by umn(thai)

They get their commission from the 380/420 fluctuating price but you can infact take an empty bottle to the gas station and fill it yourself.

I use any one of three local suppliers depending on who is open when the gas runs dry during the frying of smoked bacon.

26 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Thats incorrect.

you can buy from anywhere and you can fill up from anywhere.

Everyone wants the business and pretty much every bottle is made and filled by umn(thai)

They get their commission from the 380/420 fluctuating price but you can infact take an empty bottle to the gas station and fill it yourself.

I use any one of three local suppliers depending on who is open when the gas runs dry during the frying of smoked bacon.

Can you now exchange your empty bottle for a full one anywhere?  We had some difficulties in the past changing suppliers and having bottles refused when offered for exchange.

5 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Can you now exchange your empty bottle for a full one anywhere?  We had some difficulties in the past changing suppliers and having bottles refused when offered for exchange.

Well maybe I misunderstood Bill97 post, but in my experience I have simply gone to the next one, if a place is shut and no problems.

but like all businesses, you cant guarantee they will be there from one year to the next so that's going to screw up a lot of folk if they want to play it like that