Internet Service

dgarmaise

Hi. I live in Pattaya and have suffered for several months with TOT's ADSL service (yes, even before the Taiwan earthquake). Ostensibly, I am subscribed to a service that provides download speeds of 512kps. The services is, in a word, shitty. I have to disconnect and reconnect my modem 5-6 times a day because I lose the connection. And I get tons of "problem loading page" messages. Two Thai people in my building have told me that if I downsize to 256kps, I will get better service, strange as that may sound. Something to do with bandwith and traffic, I really am not sure. Has anyone heard that one before? Others have told me that TOT's ADSL service is hopeless, and that I should switch to TT&T. I don't want to get a TT&T line put in only to find that the service is no better. Comments? Maybe I should bite the bullet and swithch to CAT's hi-speed service, but in Pattaya they only offer the expensive variety: 2600 baht a month. David.

David,

As from December 26thI have a TOT ADSL connection. This date almost coincided with the Taiwan earthquake. Therefore I was initially not surprised that downloading was slow. However after having read in the newspapers that cables have been fixed services remained slow. Last week I had my laptop checked by Liberty Computers in Pattaya but with no result. One more option could be a mal- or sub optimal functioning modem (I bought the TOT recommended one). Would be interesting to hear more comments / recommendations.

I am in Rayong and use Maxnet1024/512 adsl. usual speedtest is about 800kbs and have internet on 24 hours a day. Only get disconnected every 3 or 4 days so atm i am happy with maxnet