Airconditioner Installation - Daiken

Rabbit

Hi,

i am currently building in CM and it is time to start looking at air conditioners. Does anyone know where I can find Daiken airconditoners in CM and can anyone recommend poeple to do the installation.

Your information and experiences are appreciated.

i could not find a btter deal than Ralli Air out in the superhighway just before you reach Makro. Everything would be included in the price and they are very transparent about their deals. Work is fast and clean.

they didnt ask for a cent till everything was done. i highly recommend them. they do however carry limited brands namely panasonic, toshiba, mitsubishi and one more brand. cant recall. but the range is enough. why do you particularly want daiken though?

We have a Daikin airconditioner. There's a shop on the Hang Dong road that sells it, and we got it form an airconditioning dealer just inside the Koolpunt Ville 5-6-7 compound.

(Frankly, since then, we swore to buy nothing but Mitsubishi airconditioners for as long as we live. They rock. ) Siam TV definitely has Mitsubishi.

BTW, Mitsubishi no-frost fridges rock, too.

Cheers,

Chanchao Mitsubishi.

I suggest that you check with Siam TV. Don't know if they handle Daiken, but they install and service Aircons for 2 years, for free.

for free?

really, lets just say it's included in the purchase price but hidden somehow

Nice assumption, with no proof of anything.. I guess that is what you mean by 'somehow'.. :o

(Frankly, since then, we swore to buy nothing but Mitsubishi airconditioners for as long as we live. They rock. ) Siam TV definitely has Mitsubishi.
After two Mitsubishi's 'wore out' on me just after the two years, I have switched to Toshibas and have been happier.. Edited by Ajarn

> Daiken is known as a quality brand, probably the best. Would

> be interested to know also.

What's best depends greatly on the price and support/service level in a particular country. Like with cars, buying Fiat makes perfect sense when you're in Italy. In Thailand however, you'd have to be pretty nuts in the head. :o

Anyway, I own a Daikin one, and I don't like it. It wasn't even cheap. I don't know why we went for it. Even getting a replacement air filter seems a really really strange reques tot the dealer. "oh.. have to order it from Bangkok".

Cheers,

Chanchao

For what it's worth, I am really happy with my Mitsubishi aircon units. They've been working hard for two years with no problems.

there are two kinds of mitsubishi air conditioners. one is mitsubishi as in (mr slim?) by mitsubishi and the other is mitsubishi heavy duty. they are manufactured by two different companies. quality and power consumption a lot better on the mitsubishi. ajarn might have bought the mitsubishi by mitsubishi heavy duty. those suck big time!

mitsubishi are known as the best brand in the market nowdays but also come with a higher price tag. has plasmacluster technology in them and shall last you for a long time to come. superb after sales service. the other brand with good sales service is saijo denki. made in thailand, most of them are! but thats a plus point IMO. daiken, really dont know much about them except that they make good clutch systems for the auto industry. :o

I have to disagree with some of the posters here I'm afraid. Over the years we have owned various brands of airconditioners in LOS (including all brand slisted above + Sumsung and Trane), and in our humble opinion, none of them shine a candle to our new Daikin inverter aircons.

The Daikins are absolutley whisper quiet (20'ish dB) both inside AND outside (due to their continuously variable compressor speed vs. the standard on/off cycling most units use), and are also substantially more energy effecient. Another good brand worth considering (especially for energy effeciency) is the Saijo Denki units with the evaporative water system (40% more effecient than std aircons for memory).

Both Saijo and Daikin are more expensive than the other, lesser brands though of course.

As for dealers, PK Air sells most brands, and have a number of locations around Chiangmai. The one we went to is part of the "Smine" furniture store at the Super Highway / Mae Jo Rd junction. Note however that they will try to push you into a cheaper/higher margin unit. Saijo Denki have their own store on Aom Muang Rd (Super Hwy to Airport Plaza).

• 1 year later...
For what it's worth, I am really happy with my Mitsubishi aircon units. They've been working hard for two years with no problems.

there are two kinds of mitsubishi air conditioners. one is mitsubishi as in (mr slim?) by mitsubishi and the other is mitsubishi heavy duty. they are manufactured by two different companies. quality and power consumption a lot better on the mitsubishi. ajarn might have bought the mitsubishi by mitsubishi heavy duty. those suck big time!

mitsubishi are known as the best brand in the market nowdays but also come with a higher price tag. has plasmacluster technology in them and shall last you for a long time to come. superb after sales service. the other brand with good sales service is saijo denki. made in thailand, most of them are! but thats a plus point IMO. daiken, really dont know much about them except that they make good clutch systems for the auto industry. :D

Hello Tigerbeer,

besides your post I read three times that the mitsu heavy duty are supposed to be not as good as the mitsu electric.

Do you have experience with both or do you know the technical differences?

All shops I went too said that the mitsu heavy duty and the mitsu electric are the same from the inside. Also the compressor supposed to be the same but they tell me that the heavy duty is for export and better tested and it has a 2 year warranty on the wall unit instead of 1 like the mitus electric.

Please give me some more reasons why the mitsu electric is the better choice.

Thanks a lot

adjanmeyn :o

On moving to a new home we purchased 3 Daiken Units that cool twice the area that 1 LG and 1 Carrier serviced in our last home.

Our power bill has dropped about 40% and we are cooling about 30% more area.

Quiet inverter units do not cycle and so that noise is eliminated.

Installation by the people that PK Air sent out went well but one larger unit had to be re-positioned as it was too close to the ground (due to laziness....too heavy to be put up higher, ok?) and picked up lawn cuttings.

I spent a fair amount of time on the net comparing company products. I am very pleased with Daiken....quiet and efficient.

Hope this helps.

On moving to a new home we purchased 3 Daiken Units that cool twice the area that 1 LG and 1 Carrier serviced in our last home.

Installation by the people that PK Air sent out went well but one larger unit had to be re-positioned as it was too close to the ground (due to laziness....too heavy to be put up higher, ok?) and picked up lawn cuttings.

I spent a fair amount of time on the net comparing company products. I am very pleased with Daiken....quiet and efficient.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. I just had the time to have a look at the Daikin airconditioner. They offered me the model FTKD12FV2S for 28000 Baht. They say it is a new model with an inverter. I looked on the Daikin Thailand internetside and could not find this model at all. It is in their catalog though which they gave me at the shop. Do you know or have this model or is it an old one.

Are you still happy with your Daikin?

The Mitsubishi Heavy Duty seems to be produced in China while the Mitsubishi electric from Japan and Thailand comes.

All the models on the aircondition market really can give you a headache.

Thanks a lot for your advice

Just installed 2 Daikin Inverter units in BKK , very happy with them.

Asked the installer man why he hadn't turned them on to test. He informed me they were already turned on.

So quiet I didn't notice.

Just installed 2 Daikin Inverter units in BKK , very happy with them.

Asked the installer man why he hadn't turned them on to test. He informed me they were already turned on.

So quiet I didn't notice.

Can you tell me the model and price, so I have something to compare.

Why did you go for Daikin and not for Mitsu?

Thanks a lot

Hope this helps.

are you telling me that you can hear the sound of your outside unit? the noise of inside unit depends on your fan setting. how the compressor and fan of the outside unit cycle is completely irrelevant.

Hi,

Mine is FTKE15GV2S 15000BTU

34000 Bt per unit

including installation.

I went for Daikin because my cousin has both Mitsu and Daikin inverter A/C and he says Daikin is the better one.

Also at my condo about 80% of the A/Cs are Daikin so I figured easier to find someone to service/fix.

• 1 month later...

In the market for a few new ac units. Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Daikin Swift models? They're less expensive than the Inverter models.

We have an LG unit that has been disappointingly loud, very difficult to get to sleep with the unit running.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

does PK Air operate in the West BKK or city area?

I need 2 airconditioners installing, probably Daikon.

Area is 10m x 5m x 3m high

cheers :o

gd

oops, just noticed I'm in the CM forum...... duh!

Edited by GungaDin