Condo town Jomtien 2nd road

tomas557

I noticed that near Lumpini Beach they are building a complete small town, with all buildings in a special style and fancy colors.

Looks like it's almost finished, but I didn't see any name or sales office signs.

Anyone has some more info regarding this project?

Probably what you saw was a new project called 'Espana', meant to look like Spain.  Just one more of what I call 'theme park' condo projects.   Usually built in not great locations, they often feature some sort of theme and have a big interior pool.  Espana joins Venetian (Venice theme, just down the road), Atlantis, Maldives, Seven Seas, and several others.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, newnative said:

Probably what you saw was a new project called 'Espana', meant to look like Spain.  Just one more of what I call 'theme park' condo projects.   Usually built in not great locations, they often feature some sort of theme and have a big interior pool.  Espana joins Venetian (Venice theme, just down the road), Atlantis, Maldives, Seven Seas, and several others.  

Yes possible, as it looked like Spain.

Any idea about prices and if this could be considered as a reasonable investment for the rental market?

Point is that I have a considerable amount of cash sitting in the bank that earns Nada.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, newnative said:

a new project called 'Espana'

Far out where 2nd road makes the bend towards Sukhumvit.

Transport needed.

8 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

Point is that I have a considerable amount of cash sitting in the bank that earns Nada.

Good precondition. They will help you.

And Kev was there just lately (11 July 2018) :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

I thought it was almost finished, but according to the video it will probably take another 2 years before any earnings can be realised.

Some better ideas for current investment?

Not looking for Airbnb, more interested in renting to expats, which will create a lower but more steady income.

Bank is 1%, so think not to hard to beat that.

17 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

Any idea about prices and if this could be considered as a reasonable investment for the rental market?

I should be wary about investment for rental returns... Thousands of units are for rent now with Airbnb alone in Pattaya..  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tomas557 said:

Same problem here, what to do with all the cash ?

I am even looking for investment abroad or just burn it with a new Porsche ?

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

It's a shit location. No one would want to live there and AirBnB rentals under 30 days are illegal. It will soon become a slum like the others along 2nd road.

Sees you don;t like it then Henry ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I don't think condos like these appeal to long-term expat renters. More likely to appeal to short term holiday renters.  Expats are more likely to value location and convenience e.g. on songtaew route etc..

They at least need something bigger than a bar fridge.

I live in a high floorJomtien  condo and I can see several of these  huge theme park type "condo towns" - frankly the newer  built one's a bit further out look either completely empty and sad - (I wonder what it is like to live there ?)  or they look like they will never be completed .

As for an investment  ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, johng said:

Its all very well having pirate ships and massive swimming pools...but someone has to pay to maintain them...if there are a large portion of unsold/used units it could be costly...not to mention bad management or someone running away with the  funds.

"Attractions" like this would totally turn me off a condo. The last thing i want is a load of screaming kids around the pool.

• Like 2