Not sure about exit date

I'll be coming on an METV in October, not sure exactly when I'll be returning to Montana ... it will be after the snow is gone ... so I want to buy a one way ticket. 

I understand they won't let me on the plane here unless I own a ticket to exit. 

Someone suggested buying one from Hat Yai to Kuala Lumpur to show I'm leaving - about $50 - and throw it away -  then I can buy a return ticket later.

Any thoughts? 

DS 

If you have a visa you will have no problem on a one way flight, it's only when you arrive without a visa that there can sometimes be problems.

In my experience the last time I looked there wasn't much difference between the price of a one way ticket and a return ticket, I guess it depends on the type of ticket you buy.

I would suggest you purchase a return ticket that can be changed for a small fee.

Edited by ukrules

I'll have the visa, no problem there.

Thanks, I'll check into a ticket with that option, didn't know there was such a thing, good idea. 

I tried to change the last one I had, was just a few weeks before the flight and it was gonna be about the same as a one way ... around $600. 

DS

6 hours ago, MrKFC said:

I'll have the visa, no problem there.

Thanks, I'll check into a ticket with that option, didn't know there was such a thing, good idea. 

I tried to change the last one I had, was just a few weeks before the flight and it was gonna be about the same as a one way ... around $600. 

DS

Read the terms and conditions first.

For example with an economy booking, you'll pay an exaggerated amount to change your booking.

A premium economy booking, although costing more, may allow you to change bookings without any charge.

Do a little research with various airlines before booking.

• Like 1