Stuff: What Do You Bring, What Do You Take

srisatch

We come and go between Europe and LOS

There is ALWAYS baggage!

What do you bring and take?

We BRING Mustard, Horseradish, Le Creusets, Patak's Pickles, John Lewis sheets, childrens'clothes.. as crap..in LOS or in The Mall-Japanese expensive...childrens books and toys

We TAKE... various cooking things, knives, our clothes: 3000B in Export Shop in Bangkapi/CNX keeps me going for 6 months in UK, wife's jeans and shoes as cannot find small enough in Europe, paper aqnd stationery, cosmetics, printer ink, ....

We come and go between Europe and LOS

There is ALWAYS baggage!

What do you bring and take?

We BRING Mustard, Horseradish, Le Creusets, Patak's Pickles, John Lewis sheets, childrens'clothes.. as crap..in LOS or in The Mall-Japanese expensive...childrens books and toys

I guess you have the real Thai experience then ???

You bring your own sheets ???...

Why didnt I think of that ???

:o:D

It always amuses me how people can't "live without" what appear to be the most mundane things, or are not able to adapt to what is here or there. I think if you look around a bit you'll find you can get almost everything. I accept that there might be a price differential, but for me it doesn't justify the schlepping of all that stuff.

I'm curious about mustard - you can get a multitude of variety here; you can get horseradish; don't know what Le Creusets are, but if it's the cookware, this too is available; Patak's pickles are doubtless Indian in origin, and as there's a very large Indian community, they will have similar or better. John Lewis sheets is certainly intriguing; Mr Towel in Chatujak makes sheets to order of the very best quality cotton, that are used by hotels. But they are white, and maybe you prefer something a bit more colourful?

Of course horses for courses, to each his own.

Edited by samtam