What Push Chair Do I Take To Thailand.

BIG SPUDS

Going to thailand in 2 weeks and i have a dilema.

We have 2 push chairs,

Pushchair 1. Light weight, small wheels, cheapish (under £100). Doesnt matter if gets damaged, No car seat, easy to carry doesnt take up much room in car boot.

Pushchair 2. Expensive £300 +, Big off road wheels, heavy, takes up lots of room in a car boot, has car seat for taxis/cars (one that fastens in with the seat belt).

Now i dont know what to take with us. My son is nearly 6 months, doesnt sit up alone yet. When he travels in a car he uses his car seat that is with pushchair 2. What do you recommend for taxis should i take the car seat push chair? but its big and heavy and to be honest a taxi would not get the push chair and 2 suit cases in. I want to take the small one but lack of car seat is worrying me ...... Please help !!!! :o

I'd take a light weight stroller and a seperate car seat.

The fully folding stroller will be considered free luggage on the plane and so will the car seat.

If the airline question this, ask them to explain why golf bags fly free and what is the airline policy with respect to prioritizing golf and child safety.

Not enough hands!

Me and the Mrs = 4 hands.

4 hands divided by 2 hand luggage + 1 hand bag + 1 baby + 1 pushchair + 1 car seat + 2 suit cases = me carrying everything and the Mrs carries the baby + handbag.

You could say 1 big push chair = 1 big push chair (- car seat -baby - hand bag -1 hand luggage) = I carry 1 hand luggage + 2 suit cases (no room in taxi) = ?

answer = do you pay more for a minibus taxi ?

Push chairs have to be fully folded, to go in the hold. Therefore the car seat cannot be folded, therefore has to be taken on board . If the seat is taken on board, a seat for the infant must be paid for! Which it has not!

Our experience has been as follows:

Car seat(s) goes in the hold as free luggage (an essential child safety item).

The fully folding pushchair goes with us right through to the gate (good place to keep junior teathered while waiting for the plane to load). Hand pushchair over to airline staff when boarding aircraft.

Collect pushchair when landing at the other end.

Call your airline and get this agreed before you leave, it is certainly not a problem with BA/Qantas.

I have a ten month old and when we came here we had 13 pieces of luggage ! :D

1 x Suitcase Large (for Baby)

1 x Suitcase Medium (for Partner)

1 x Suitcase Small (for me) :o

1 x car seat

1 x baby walker

1 x pushchair

1 x Travel Cot

3 x hand luggage

1 x laptop bag

2 x cats (in carriers)

Order a minibus to airport, grab a couple of porters check it all in and once to get to BKK you will have no worries getting assistance with your load :D

If you've read the other thread on car seats and safety belts, you'll know I'm big on car safety, but if you are taxi-ing while here the taxis do not have seatbelts in the back for car seats so it's a bit pointless having a car seat. If you're hiring a car while here, I imagine the well known companies have car seats for hire (or free?). That way you'd only need to bring the pushchair. If coming for a short time, recommend the stroller as it will be easier. If for a longer time or plan on doing a lot of walking (whether that's shopping, parks, whatever) big one will be more comfortable for the baby. My 3 wheeeled one won't fit in a taxi boot, but folded it will fit in the front seat with the back wheels pointing to the roof.

If you've read the other thread on car seats and safety belts, you'll know I'm big on car safety, but if you are taxi-ing while here the taxis do not have seatbelts in the back for car seats so it's a bit pointless having a car seat. If you're hiring a car while here, I imagine the well known companies have car seats for hire (or free?). That way you'd only need to bring the pushchair. If coming for a short time, recommend the stroller as it will be easier. If for a longer time or plan on doing a lot of walking (whether that's shopping, parks, whatever) big one will be more comfortable for the baby. My 3 wheeeled one won't fit in a taxi boot, but folded it will fit in the front seat with the back wheels pointing to the roof.

i would say as small as poosible on the stroller. i see people with theor rolls royces struggling all the time. those little mclarens are ideal.

as for carseats, thats a whole different ballgame, i would say in bangkok with taxis being the main transport and short hops, you wont need one (i know, arguable), if you will be driving on the highways definitely.