Taking The Kids To School...

bkkmick

Hi

Each day I take my kids to school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. It's about a 1 hour round trip.

It's either listen to CD's or the radio (for me) 102.5 or 107. It's getting a bit boring.

I was wondering if it's possible to download a selection of pod casts (BBC Radio 5 or the like) and burn a CD to listen to in my car. When I download a pod cast it's in MP3 version but my car CD player doesn't play MP3's.

My question is: Can I convert the MP3 into another format that I can play on my car CD? Also, if there's a format I can use what software do I need to convert MP3 to it?

Thanks for any help.

Mick

I'd just get a car adaptor and any cheap mp3 player. Then you don't have to go to all the trouble of converting and burning, you just load the player up via USB and plug it into your car stereo. Aside from ease of use. you have a player you can take and use anywhere.

Adaptors aren't too much:

http://www.nextag.com/mp3-car-adapter/search-html

There's lots of ways to get podcasts, but iTunes still seems to be the best and least trouble.

Agreed I use my ipod in the car to listen to podcasts. I just subscribe to the podcast I want in itunes and it automatically downloads the latest edition whenever it becomes available.

Audio books are another great way to pass the time in traffic, and with a little bit of googling you'll find all sorts of genres are available for download on the net :o

Edited by quiksilva

Thanks for the replies guys. I found that Media Player 11 allows you to burn audio CD's from MP3's but the maximum play time you get seems to be around 80 mins or so. That's going to be a CD per day...don't know if I can be bothered with that.

I can't find a MP3 player for the Volvo S80 (Googled it to no avail) but I see that link from cdnvic that there's a cassette adaptor for an MP3 player so I think that I'll try that.

Cheers

Mick