Garden & design shop

1FinickyOne

5 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Surprisingly hard to find professional garden design and landscaping services, to any decent standard..

Some good ones in CM.  Been years since I have been in contact with them but have seen some of their excellent work.

i also wondered how Garden and friends couldnt be a lucrative business as they were set up in the carpark of Global house.

for at least 5 years their trendy little corner has been abandoned.

I think they are now set up in kamthirng market though I think you would be better asking any stallholder about landscaping teams....you dont need any qualifications to be a garden designer, just good horti knowledge

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, johnoko said:

We had some students from Majo University doing our garden. My wife just put up a post on the University notice board

For garden design ?? With deep knowledge of plants, what works with what, what flowers when, soil types, handling drainage, lighting, watering systems, etc etc ?? 

Its not hard to get a few people to hack plants back.. the hard bit is getting someone with good knowledge and skills, etc etc.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

For garden design ?? With deep knowledge of plants, what works with what, what flowers when, soil types, handling drainage, lighting, watering systems, etc etc ?? 

Its not hard to get a few people to hack plants back.. the hard bit is getting someone with good knowledge and skills, etc etc.. 

Yes, thanks - - that is what I am looking for... I have family to do maintenance... any ideas? I want a beautiful design... 

26 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Yes, thanks - - that is what I am looking for... I have family to do maintenance... any ideas? I want a beautiful design... 

Only one in bangkok.. 

If you find someone competent.. I would also like to know. 

Personally am leaning to just trolling pinterest and employing a full time local with a pickup for a year or two.. Use the online stuff for the inspiration and design and trial and error it out. 

Edited by LivinLOS

4 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Only one in bangkok.. 

If you find someone competent.. I would also like to know. 

Personally am leaning to just trolling pinterest and employing a full time local with a pickup for a year or two.. Use the online stuff for the inspiration and design and trial and error it out. 

A year or two? Do you have that much to do?

I guess I can come up with some pictures and ideas from looking at properties, but I am totally lacking in basic knowledge... would like a pond and some coconut palms and such... but experience is important... I did have a fellow design a garden for me and a couple of the ideas just didn't work... I wasn't happy, he didn't profit... surely there must be pros here as I have seen some nice properties... I have a few people I can ask and will get back to you... good luck.

Grassylands (turf and irrigation Co. opposite the aquarium shop) at Kamthieng Market designed our yet to be installed garden and irrigation system.  Very professional people and design engineer with some English skills.  For the actual planting we'll use our local nursery after consultation re plant type/height/colour etc.  They know what should go where and usually do the planting at materials cost only.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kenk24 said:

A year or two? Do you have that much to do?

I have 5 rai to turn into gardens.. So yeah I think it can probably have a full time guy to tinker around with it.. 

Teach him to clean a pool and theres a chunk saved.. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 1:17 PM, kenk24 said:

I rent a house where this guest house and restaurant are.  They were not here when I moved in.  The land was flat.  I can ask for the name and number of the guy who landscaped it.  He does not speak any English and this out in Mae Rim.

The Nest Mae Rim.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1