U.S. court orders Trump administration to fully reinstate DACA program

rooster59

16 minutes ago, Credo said:

Then make sure the bill is written so that it is attractive to some democrats.   DACA has broad support among the populace of the US.

Great idea. We can also ask why the Democrats haven’t introduced legislation that can be passed with Republican support. Congress is not doing a good job. 

Edited by bushdoctor

2 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Great idea. Why haven’t the Democrats done it? 

Well, I don't want to get drawn into one of your little endless troll-fests, but it was the President and the Republican party that didn't like DACA and decided to break it, so it is up to them to fix it.   They are the majority party.   No way are they going to support a Democratic bill.   

6 hours ago, simple1 said:

Obama issued a lost less EO's in comparison to other recent Presidents, even though Republicans blocked a number of legislation efforts. However trump is known for getting push back for a number of reasons for his EOs. i.e..

Like both legislative statutes and regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review and may be overturned if the orders lack support by statute or the Constitution

That is true (less EOs). But my point that the Supreme Court will decide the matter in favour of Trump is my point. Obama had some of his EOs over-turned by the Supreme Court, but I think in the long run that Trump's EOs will not be subject to over rule as much as Obama's.  After all, the DACA 'problem' was created by an Obama EO.

But that this approach to a POTUS implementing his/her policies has to actually happen is the problem. Trump (like Obama) was elected with a clear mandate, and obstruction of the implementation of that mandate is a failure of the system of Government in America. That the Congress and Senate are both so obstructionist towards implementing changes as requested by any POTUS and demanding of their own desires for their own supporters and benfactors, shows how much the 'political swamp' is more in control of things than they should be.