STD testing in Chiang Mai

Artful Dodger

Can anyone tell me how STD/STI tests work in CM and especially:

- how long it takes to get results

- what they generally test for

- whether they use the "triple swab"

I am just getting into a relationship and we have had the talk about this. We put each other at risk maybe 10 days ago, but if I go along with her and get tested now, it's really just to show support, because HIV doesn't usually show up for a couple of months, and anything else can wait until then. Her situation is different because plenty of things can cause infertility in a woman if not treated right away. I'm not sure she realises this, but I don't want to put her off or make her go on her own when she wants me to come with.

In the UK you just give a blood and urine sample unless you have discharge (sorry), but I know other places routinely use a swab test (i.e. scrape the urethra) because I went once and it's not something I'm going to forget. What's the score in CM? I like this girl enough to have an extra blood and urine test (I will go in a couple of months anyway) but I'm not sure about the triple swab.

Also, from what she says they only test for HIV and syphilis, which is a bit of a concern. Do you have to ask specifically for anything more than that?

Thanks,

AD

An HIV test and STD test can be completed within a couple of hours. Just a simple blood test to gain the results, I think.

HIV cannot be detected least than 3 months after having sexual contact with an affected person. Some doctors say it requires 6 months to obtain accurate results. 

2 hours ago, Loaded said:

And what kind of life is that?

It's so easy to avoid STDs - wear a condom and enjoy life.

Although I fully realise condoms must be used if having sex with people we hardly know, especially hookers, condoms really do spoil the experience. It`s like taking a bath with your socks on.

The Red Cross on the river (just down river from the US Consul)... has a nice easy walk-in clinic on the second floor that does testing and will email you results... just walk into the building pictured, remove shoes and go to the second floor... the place is usually deserted... Day or two... plenty of parking... they do all sorts of blood tests like cholesterol and such too

2CF4AFF3-067C-495B-B05E-394CBD4D6A7B.png

Chiang Mai RAM has an STD testing place right at the back from the main entrance.

Just walk up to the information counter, and list the tests you want.

They draw blood, and you call back in a couple of hours for the results.

I always took girls there before we moved in together, I just said we should both get tested first.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Glenn Roe said:

The list above is very comprehensive and many of the tests on the list have nothing to do with STDs, like cholesterol and uric acid.  Also, the list "came from a different topic".

My guess is the tests the Red Cross provide are designed for those who want to know their STD satus and for those on long term STD (HIV/Hep) medication to monitor critical liver & kidney function that the HIV drugs effect like cholesterol uric acid levels...

On 8/5/2018 at 5:58 AM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Enjoy life with a condom?

I'd rather use my hand...

is that what she told you ??

now don't get all worked up !   i'm just pulling your................leg !

Archived