Staying away from home in Thailand

That's what the law seems to state, but every woman I have ever been involved with here, always puts the hotel bill on her ID. Never any request from the clerk to see my passport or sign any papers. Obviously, when staying at my girlfriend's apartment in Bangkok, reporting was out of the question. When I mentioned it, I was told that I "think too much". ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Chiang Rai Immigration is getting real snotty about this. 

It's not just out of country visits, it's anytime you are registered at another place even for a night they want a new report. If I decide I've had a little much and shouldn't ride my scooter so guesthouse it for an evening I've got to get the landlord to report me again.

This is all pointless. Bad for the expats, but also an inconvenience for our landlords and a drag for immigration.

Stop this nonsense.

How would they know that you have been somewhere for a night ? Totally stupid them.

2 minutes ago, gaff said:

How would they know that you have been somewhere for a night ? Totally stupid them.

Because the guesthouse you spend the night in is obligated to report you. Totally smart them.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Because the guesthouse you spend the night in is obligated to report you. Totally smart them.

yes, and for sure computers and databases are connected in Thailand hahahaha

Anyway, I never stays in hotels alone and I never give my name or passport, I hate doing checking and I always have slaves who do it for me ❤️

57 minutes ago, gaff said:

yes, and for sure computers and databases are connected in Thailand hahahaha

Anyway, I never stays in hotels alone and I never give my name or passport, I hate doing checking and I always have slaves who do it for me ❤️

I got checked at immigration because the hotels and guesthouses do get the info to them computer databases connected or not.

Some areas are getting retentive about it, if your area isn't great, but don't call bs on those who live in areas where crackdowns are indeed occurring.

Never give a name or a passport at hotel? Doubtful.

Slaves? Seriously flawed terminology.

• Haha 1

Thank you for all the replies. It does seem that there is not a consensus about this and that different offices implement the rules differently. I use Korat as my local office. If anyone has information about the situation in Korat I will be grateful.

On 8/5/2018 at 11:12 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

TM 30 is the form.
Different immigration offices enforce the rules in different ways, some want you to report ( and fill a new TM 30 ) every time you leave the country and others every time you leave the province.
Most will require you to fill a TM 30 once only.

Luckily for me Ayutthaya Immigration don’t require repeat TM 30’s .

OP: if you post your location someone will be able to give you clearer information about your Immigration office.

Correct, they're a friendly mob there. I hadn't been for quite a while as I had been in and out of the country. I did my 90 day and they didn't even blink. "Have a nice day. See you next time."

Thanks for all the comments. Helpful in confirming the confusion can abound. Got my 30 day extension on my 90 day tourist visa for my wife and myself.

It was crazy expensive. Exactly 4180 Baht. Massive time was at office from 11AM to 4PM+ plus traffic jam issues. The 90 day tourist visa cost $47 per person. How  can a 30 day extension cost so much.  Crazy, crazy place. A one year visa in Cambodia between $280 and $300 and no lawyer skills required use the thing. In and out of the country no problem. No 90 day report. Cambodians are logical. They  have property owner report client location and no massive gov't offices and staff required. GOOD MORNING THAILAND???????

On 6 August 2018 at 5:17 AM, gaff said:

If you do not do extensions or never have to visit immigration, you do not need to do it as they won't be able to enforce it on you. I prefer to go on a short trip every 3 months rather than having to talk to any of these.... guess the word ?

Let me assume, you take a mini trip outside LOS, return,don't submit a TM30, you repeat this every 90 days. When you go to do your next retirement ext., they don't fine you?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, cleverman said:

Let me assume, you take a mini trip outside LOS, return,don't submit a TM30, you repeat this every 90 days. When you go to do your next retirement ext., they don't fine you?

They would with the IO at my office as they have told me I need a TM30 from moment I arrive in country. I do TM30s ever since. Its not a biggie for me. You only need to do it you move immigration districts inside Thailand and get logged on a database (by staying in a hotel), need to go to another districts IO for some reason or leave country? So far in last 7 months I've done a TM30 once, on arrival in country. I think I do a TM30 no more than 3 times a year.

• Haha 1