“Wild Boars boys have no memory of dramatic rescue”

webfact

“Wild Boars boys have no memory of dramatic rescue”

By Thai PBS

Monk1.jpg

The rescue operation to save the 12 young footballers and their coach from the flooded Tham Luang cave network has transfixed the world. It has also been described as probably the world’s most dangerous and most challenging rescue mission.

But for the Wild Boars soccer team members, they were not supposed to remember anything of that dramatic event.   “At best, some of them might recall it as nothing more than a distant dream,” said Maj Gen Wutthichai Isara,  director of the army–run Fort Somdej Phranaresuan Maharaj Hospital in Phitsanuloke.

Maj Gen Wutthichai cautioned against any attempts to rekindle the traumatic experience that the boys had to go while they were brought under murky water by rescue divers out to safety.   “It was definitely an experience that they shouldn’t be made to recall,” he said during a discussion on the health aspect of the Tham Luang rescue operation organized by media organizations and medical experts from the Public Health Ministry and the Medical Council of Thailand last week.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/wild-boars-boys-have-no-memory-of-dramatic-rescue/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-06

Why still talk around the fact that they very heavy sedated before the actual "dive"?

But the actual rescue would surely not be the only traumatic experience:

days caught in the darkness with no idea whether rescue is possible.

I can't believe that they didn't go through deep depression.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DM07 said:

Here is one thing, I really hope...although, I will not hold my breath: 

I hope the death of the Nayy- diver is not just excused as " a casualty that happens with every military- operation" (what a load of BS, by the way!), but at the given time, will explained to the boys as "actions have consequences and sometimes these consequences will be really, really bad"!

Otherwise, the death of this diver will have been in vain!

So basically telling the boys it's their fault the diver died. Sounds fair. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nigeone said:

Nonsense !! Pure B****** . It wasn't out of bounds and the coach clearly did a great job .

The coach went as far into the cave as he did because he thought there was a back entrance. He then encouraged the boys to dig their way out, thus wasting air and energy. Didn't tell anyone they were going in. Idiot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, berybert said:

So basically telling the boys it's their fault the diver died. Sounds fair. 

Noooooo...just let it go!

As usual in Thailand: no one has to understand, that @#$! you do and when you %$@! up things, that is just mai bpen rai!

By the way: I am not saying, they have to be told tomorrow, that they killed a guy!

But at some point, I think a discussion about this point is needed!

But as I see on here: the coach is still a hero and everybody who thinks otherwise (me included) is a complete idiot!

Just move on- nothing to see!

Edited by DM07
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, DM07 said:

Here is one thing, I really hope...although, I will not hold my breath: 

I hope the death of the Nayy- diver is not just excused as " a casualty that happens with every military- operation" (what a load of BS, by the way!), but at the given time, will explained to the boys as "actions have consequences and sometimes these consequences will be really, really bad"!

Otherwise, the death of this diver will have been in vain!

You are so right.

It might be just the message they need; everything you do can have consequences.

No such thing as a free lunch.

But do remember the diver that did not survive was ex-military.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Indeed. The namby pamby western kids would generally put some brain cells to work first. 

And these western kids grow up and head to Thailand for a holidays many years later. Many get killed riding bikes with no helmet, other fall in love and jump because they cant stand the thought of going home. Anon.

At what age should one put their brain cells to work ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Spidey said:

The coach went as far into the cave as he did because he thought there was a back entrance. He then encouraged the boys to dig their way out, thus wasting air and energy. Didn't tell anyone they were going in. Idiot.

Abused the privalige of stupidity, & will get citezenship for being mentally challenged , amazing Thailand

• Like 1

One boy that spoke some English said he heard the english man and joked he had dug to England! He was a football coach was he not? what qualifications did he have to take a bunch of kids in a cave ?   I bet if they died he would be blamed! He is too blame surely?

• Sad 1

Maj Gen Wutthichai cautioned against any attempts to rekindle the traumatic experience that the boys had to go while they were brought under murky water by rescue divers out to safety.

They went through a special temple hypnosis that they can't remember anything about two English gentlemen who risked their lives to get them out.