Premchai Firearms Trial Set For July 2019

webfact

Premchai Firearms Trial Set For July 2019

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A1%E0%

Premchai Karnasuta leaves the Criminal Court on Monday.

BANGKOK — It will be nearly a year before a construction tycoon accused of poaching protected animals with unregistered firearms takes the stand in court.

The witness examination against Italian-Thai Development CEO Premchai Karnasuta for illegal firearms possession charge was set by the court to take place July 9, 2019. The date was announced by a judge at a Bangkok courthouse Monday, where Premchai told reporters he’s “exhausted” by the case.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/08/07/premchai-firearms-trial-set-for-july-2019/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-08-07

Ohh the old walking stick trick.?

How could i possibly have fired a gun, look at me only just able to walk.

Trial set for july 2019 or maybe never, what a pathetic situation, had he been joe public, he would have been in court, found guilty and jailed months ago.

3 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

And he had a local catering service delivering black leopard soup.

Apparently no evidence to support that he consumed panther food. His urine sample and stool sample disappeared along with the tape recording of him offering bribes to the park ranger. 

Plenty of time between now and July next year for the rest of the evidence to disappear and witnesses to either go missing or have total memory loss.

2 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Apparently no evidence to support that he consumed panther food. His urine sample and stool sample disappeared along with the tape recording of him offering bribes to the park ranger. 

Plenty of time between now and July next year for the rest of the evidence to disappear and witnesses to either go missing or have total memory loss.

Yep-- not unlike like the watch saga, all physical evidence in the way of witnesses are now deceased. 

"The witness examination against Italian-Thai Development CEO Premchai Karnasuta for illegal firearms possession charge was set by the court to take place July 9, 2019. "

So only charged with illegal firearms,I was hoping the Black Panther was going to 

see some justice.

regards worgeordie

50 minutes ago, webfact said:

It will be nearly a year before a construction tycoon accused of poaching protected animals with unregistered firearms takes the stand in court.

A year!

He doesn't even need to 'run' away. He could comfortably walk to the border - even using that stunt walking stick for effect. He could lose a few (hundred) kilos doing it too - as long as he doesn't spot any endangered species along the way, of course.

13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

A year!

He doesn't even need to 'run' away. He could comfortably walk to the border - even using that stunt walking stick for effect. He could lose a few (hundred) kilos doing it too - as long as he doesn't spot any endangered species along the way, of course.

Trans.........?

A whole year?! You've got to be kidding me!

Look at him. He has gained so much weight since February (probably frustration eating) that he might have succumbed to a stroke or heart infarction by then.

And what's with the walking stick anyway? I don't remember seeing him needing one when he was arrested in the jungle, went to acknowledge the charges or wai'ed that top cop. Isn't it amazing how rapidly some people's health is apparently deteriorating when they are facing the prospect of spending ten years behind bars? Of course their health usually miraculously improves as soon as their case has been dismissed and they're free to go.

The average Thai would have been sentenced long ago and sent to prison, bad health or not.

And why haven't I read anything about him having to stand trial for allegedly killing protected wildlife, in a national park, no less? Or has this charge perhaps already been swept under the carpet? 

1 minute ago, Misterwhisper said:

Look at him. He has gained so much weight since February (probably frustration eating) that he might have succumbed to a stroke or heart infarction by then.

And what's with the walking stick anyway? I don't remember seeing him needing one when he was arrested in the jungle, went to acknowledge the charges or wai'ed that top cop. Isn't it amazing how rapidly some people's health is apparently deteriorating when they are facing the prospect of spending ten years behind bars? Of course their health usually miraculously improves as soon as their case has been dismissed a nd they're free to go.

The average Thai would have been sentenced long ago and sent to prison, bad health or not.

And why haven't I read anything about him having to stand trial for allegedly killing protected wildlife, in a national park, no less? Or has this charge perhaps already been swept under the carpet? 

You ask whats with the walking stick?

Well it is an age old trick to fool the courts, after the case is over and he is aquitted, the walking stick will disapear.

20 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

And what's with the walking stick anyway? I don't remember seeing him needing one when he was arrested in the jungle, went to acknowledge the charges or wai'ed that top cop. Isn't it amazing how rapidly some people's health is apparently deteriorating when they are facing the prospect of spending ten years behind bars? Of course their health usually miraculously improves as soon as their case has been dismissed and they're free to go.

It's a build up to the " I cant come to court as I have serious health problems" when the case finally reaches court.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Not really. Remember the big wai from the police captain, when he was interrogated?

they think there will be no more public interest in that case after such a long time - and all under the carpet.

May they be wrong and the media (incl. social media) should start reminding weeks before.

11 minutes ago, upu2 said:

Gives him plenty of time to leave the country anyway, not that he will need to of course

Naturally. For surgery in the US regarding his long-term mobility problem, requiring the use of a stage prop walking stick.

edit: Oddly enough, the surgeon who will carry out the operation is a descendent of a member of the original black panther movement.

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Naturally. For surgery in the US regarding his long-term mobility problem, requiring the use of a stage prop walking stick.

Could take the rest of his life before he would be fit to return to Thailand

3 minutes ago, upu2 said:

Could take the rest of his life before he would be fit to return to Thailand

Very true. I heard a rumour he'd spoken with Thaksin, who told him to avoid returning, as he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

(sorry mod gone slightly OT!)

Archived