Gas Pressure Regulator

Maybole

I  have bought a gas cooker, the manual states that it is to be used for LPG which I interpret as Liquified Petroleum Gas. In Thailand there are two types, Butane in a blue bottle and mixed gas in a green bottle. Furthermore there two types of pressure regulators, a red and a green.

Which gas should I use and which regulator is appropriate ?

Stay with LPG which is whats inside most of the various brand cooking gas bottles green blue orange silver amd so on.

The low pressure regulators (often green color 30mbar +-) are for standard cooker burners you would find in the domestic kitchen. High pressure regulators (red adjustable) are for high heat burners fast wok and big pots.

• Like 1

Yup ^^^. I agree with Fruit Trader. The middle sized bottles you see in every restaurant and food cart or buzzing around on the back of delivery motorcycles are what you want (mixed gas, mostly propane).

Buy one at your local gas place, get the regulator at the same place, it's pretty well guaranteed you need the low pressure version for a domestic cooker.

And thanks for reminding me, I need to get a new bottle at the weekend (we keep two, just swap when one runs out and replace when i get time).

...and make sure you get a regulator with a safety button.

the cheap one that you dont want is about 150bt, you need to be paying circa 400bt which includes the hose aswell.

This will safeguard against gas leaks via your appliance.

If you are in the habit of turning the wheel on and off every time...even better

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Gas Pressure Regulator is very beneficial as it is used to decrease the pressure from high pressure to low pressure. LPG is used by most of the people and is a brand cooking gas. Gas regulator helps in maintaining the purity of the gas safely.

• 3 months later...

I wanna bring a cooler box (Dometic Combicool RC1200 EPG) from Germany which is available in 2 variation with Gas (in addition to 220V and 12V) which I would like to use with gas.

I can get one with 30mbar and 50mbar whereas the 50mbar is cheaper.

In Germany we are not into gas but it seems that the 50mbar option is common for Germany but very uncommon outside???

What would be the best one to choose in order not to have searching around in Thailand to get the right tubes and gas pressure regulators?

Edited by gessi2000

12 hours ago, gessi2000 said:

What would be the best one to choose in order not to have searching around in Thailand to get the right tubes and gas pressure regulators?

I'd go with the 30mbar unit then you'll have no issue with just getting a standard off-the shelf regulator.

Make sure the cooler you buy is set up for propane.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 9:05 AM, Crossy said:

I'd go with the 30mbar unit then you'll have no issue with just getting a standard off-the shelf regulator.

Make sure the cooler you buy is set up for propane.

Thanks!

I found 3 different regulators at Makro looking around a bit.

One was 'high', the other one was 'low' and the third one seems to be adjustable?

All written in Thai so I couldn't really figure out which one would be 30mbar or 50mbar?

And the cooler is capable of propane:

Dometic Combicool gas attachment YouTube video

Edited by gessi2000

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

"Low" would be the 30mbar.

Your local LPG place (where you swap the bottles) should be able to set you up with the right regulator probably even for the 50mbar version.

Thanks mate!

Waiting for the next deal for the fridge and will get one...