James Bond...and Thailand

after 30 years I decided on a new coiffure based upon Sean Connery's look in the film Rising Sun...easier to look after I reckoned and my previous arrangement of the european combed straight back from the forehead was an old girlfriend's idea anyway...

so I was at the talaat gettin' vegetables and meat and moseyed over to the hairdresser who is a delightful young woman and very engaging and showed her the internet photo of Sean Connery on my telephone...and she just grunted and said: 'James Bond...' and got to work...and then when finished the other ladies in attendance agreed: 'James Bond...'

there must be an unknown bond between Thailand and James Bond (yuk, yuk, yuk!) that falangs don't know about...and it was the highpoint of the day...

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=sean+connery+rising+sun+photos&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH737TH737&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=aR88J2UyuQmIAM%3A%2Cw6eeg41uzjcffM%2C_&usg=AFrqEzergc3-A-yj381LfGHkV8WVC0vmYA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiiqfeJo9vcAhXIE4gKHXR-Bp4Q9QEwBXoECAMQDg#imgrc=aR88J2UyuQmIAM:

so, get real and get 'James Bond' and cast yer cares to the wind...feels a lot better too with more head area available for heat dissipation...

there must be an unknown bond between Thailand and James Bond (yuk, yuk, yuk!) that falangs don't know about...and it was the highpoint of the day...

"The man with the golden gun" was filmed in Thailand..
loved the long boat chase in BKK and the kid trying to sell a wooden elephant...."bloody tourists"

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

I think it was more of the beard that made the look. Did you get one of those as Well?

nah, I thought about that but trimmed beards are too much trouble, I've got a beard trimmer and without the adjustable length attachment just run it over my face once a week and that does me...ends up sorta like 'designer stubble'...

btw after a shower and hair wash I ended up with 1" hair standing straight up...it had been trained like that from all the years of the 'european combed straight back' look...so that now the girl at the corner shop with the tantalizing smile (and similarly tantalizing backside) just gives me a derisive smirk..

3 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I reckon Daniel Craig is the James Bond most young hairdressers will know?  Similar haircut too.

The Man with the Golden Gun was from 1974 - so too old even for freeview channels.

I was in 1994 on James Bond Island, a day trip from Phuket. At that time they showed the 007 movie in that little cave on that island.

I wouldn't be surprised if they still do these day trips to the same island and show the same movie...

Bond discovers Scaramanga driving off and steals an AMC showroom car to give chase, coincidentally with vacationing Sheriff J.W. Pepper seated within it. Bond and Pepper follow Scaramanga in a car chase across Bangkok, which concludes when Scaramanga's car transforms into a plane, which flies himself, Nick Nack and Goodnight away from Bond

One of my favourite films when I was a kid.

9 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

One of my favourite films when I was a kid.

Wow! I will watch that movie again just to look at the city and cars from long time ago.

Maybe someone knows: Did the Thai police ever use those big police cars in real life?

On 8/8/2018 at 3:03 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe I should also get a famous haircut. But I am not sure which one is best. Maybe I should ask the girls in the hair saloon...

1343804812_Hangover3Movie.jpg.c313efe34fe57d24d3efc668b5d0f7a4.jpg

Go with the second one but get the face tattoo of the third, forget the first looser the ladies don't go for that type. 

47 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Go with the second one but get the face tattoo of the third, forget the first looser the ladies don't go for that type. 

Is the guy in the middle supposed to look like DJ Forbes or Brian Blessed?

Archived