UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

40 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can I just say Sandy I don't need to understand anything, engaging in dialogue with people that think they are superior to me is a problem to me.

This is a quote from the independent, if I have read it wrong please accept my appologies.

If we leave without an agreement, nobody knows what will happen, if we leave with an agreement the likelyhood of visa free travel is very likely.

Have you a link to your version of a visa waiver travel in Europe and I have no intention of playing pedantics with you.

"But the commissioners decided that the UK could be placed on the visa-free list, along with people from the Americas, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand and several dozen other countries.

The decision is contingent upon the UK allowing Europeans to visit without visas, which the British government has already indicated will happen."

I don't think vacations are high on anyone's list of priorities in fact it is deflection

18 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Dick, please watch this."

I assume you're referring to me?

If so, my laptop is playing up and the sound is so low that it's impossible to watch or, more importantly, listen, to any video clips that are more than a couple of minutes long ☹️.

Yes I was referring to you. The professor brings up loss of rights which will affect everyone and will be exploited by the Tory right wing Brexiters. I know this is of interest to you

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Prof Dougan strikes again. 

Essential watching for those actually interested in the facts

Dick, please watch this.

I have been advised that Brexiters do not like to be thought of as stupid or uneducated morons!

Now I posted this excellent and informative piece by Prof Dougan several hours ago and not a single comment has been posted!

What should I conclude?

• Haha 1

learning learning

Just read in today's Bangkok Post re Brexit,

the "deal" is accepted by EU using qualified majority, not consensus

I had the idea that consensus was required

didn't specify what qualifications are needed, 2/3 or 3/4 or whatever

anyway, a single country like Spain cannot block the deal

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I have been advised that Brexiters do not like to be thought of as stupid or uneducated morons!

Now I posted this excellent and informative piece by Prof Dougan several hours ago and not a single comment has been posted!

What should I conclude?

requires way too much bandwidth for my DTAC internet connection

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

OK, I moved indoors and listened to the first part of his speech - but he is SO obviously a remainer, that I gave up after 6 mins....

Then I am afraid you fit the description of a Brexiter nicely. You see I listen to all opinions before deciding. Sorry Dick but you, and many like you, are being suckered without you knowing it .....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Orac said:

The PM is the leader of her party so, in the first instance, her party will challenge her. 15% (48 at present) of her parties MPs must submit a letter of no confidence to the chairman of the Tory backbench committee who will arrange a no confidence vote amongst their own MPs. It can be done very quickly (24hrs in the past) and almost certainly she would win this. Then follows a leadership contest where the PM can stand and various MPs from he own party would stand against her - party MPs then vote and after each vote one candidate is eliminated until two are left. These two then go to a vote by Conservative party members nationally.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And should she win, she cannot be challenged for at least a year.

• Like 1

And should she win, she cannot be challenged for at least a year.

Correct, and in so doing she could undermine the various right wing agitators and nut jobs who have recently been joining the Conservative Party hoping to vote in an upcoming leadership election - they need to have been members for 90 days before being eligible to vote.

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The Zimbabwe Theory of Currency and Economics.

Exactly, if we crash our currency to near zero we'll all be billionaires ... carrying our money around in a wheel barrow ... and that should just about cover the price of a loaf of bread.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Orac said:

Correct, and in so doing she could undermine the various right wing agitators and nut jobs who have recently been joining the Conservative Party hoping to vote in an upcoming leadership election - they need to have been members for 90 days before being eligible to vote.

when you say correct above, I take it that it refers to the Tory internal process

I assume that parliament, if they so fancy, can run a non-confidence vote monthly?

Edited by melvinmelvin

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Not fair!  I voted for the monster raving loony party (or whatever it was called) once - as it was so obvious that a protest vote was required against both the Labour and Tory parties, as they were pretty much the same....

They changed their name to UKIP. :coffee1:

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, aright said:

Conclusion…..if you have children, whatever you do, don't send them to Liverpool University unless of course you want them to get a 2:2 in "One Eyed" or to change their first language.

change first language? nothing wrong with scouse, just ask John Lennon

• Like 2