UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

Just now, Patriot1066 said:

Only if we are forced to remain!

That would really make me laugh, and the tears would be streaming down my face. 

Matt Hancock, Cabinet Minister has admitted that a second referendum is possible, even though he doesn’t want it. You’d better pray that doesn’t happen ... if it does the Brexit dream is dead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

I have tremendous faith in my belief that most leavers are deluded fools who are hell bent in destroying their own economy, and possibly the nation itself. 

I would rather destroy rubbish to build a brighter future than live in a leaky timber shed like we do under the Empires rule.

If we have hard times we have a buffer of 3 million that can be sacrificed in the name of Brexit????

I will put extra ferries on!

When they can’t run their Romanian schools or Polish colleges as we don’t send them money then they will negotiate properly.

22 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

That would really make me laugh, and the tears would be streaming down my face. 

Matt Hancock, Cabinet Minister has admitted that a second referendum is possible, even though he doesn’t want it. You’d better pray that doesn’t happen ... if it does the Brexit dream is dead.

Don’t be too sure I don’t fear a second referendum at all!

And if it were we would simply look to frustrate the EU where ever we could. Plus British politics would be in a mes not to mention a constitutional crisis!

Bring it on

Edited by Patriot1066
Spelling

1 minute ago, Patriot1066 said:

I would rather destroy rubbish to build a brighter future than live in a leaky timber shed like we do under the Empires rule.

If we have hard times we have a buffer of 3 million that can be sacrificed in the name of Brexit????

I will put extra ferries on!

When they can’t run their Romanian schools or Polish colleges as we don’t send them money then they will negotiate properly.

More delusion from a guy who thinks the UK hold all the cards against the EU. You can make these statements before the vote, many people will believe you. But not now, no one swallows that as they can see clearly that the opposite is true. Brexit fantasy has had to face into Brexit reality, and it’s had its backside kicked.

22 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Here the link 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-rebate/britain-would-lose-eu-rebate-even-if-it-decided-to-ditch-brexit-eu-official-idUKKCN1MM1PV

and here the reason why

After Brexit, the EU wants to wind down in stages all the rebates, including those that the Netherlands or Denmark enjoy. The bloc’s executive European Commission has proposed to have none in the next common budget for 2021-2024.

give me a break

this has nothing to do with legal basis

this is msm rumours and political mumble&waffle and wishful thinking

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Many of those foreign workers do not pay British income tax. They work here for approximately 6 months, or untill they earn £12,000. They then return to their own country for the next 6 months. N.I. They will have to pay,allthough I don’t know if that is calculated over the 6mths or over the full year. Vat on products they buy, yes they will have to pay that. But then again from what I’ve noticed, they don’t spend much.

Off course they can receive free medical treatment, Free schooling for their children, unless their children are still in their home country, when they then claim British tax payers funded child allowance.

In the meantime, they are of course helping to keep the wages of the lower paid down.

It’s disgusting our people starve whilst we feed the world.

And the EU just treat us like their big fault piggy bank.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

I would say no benefits until tax paid 5 years! They can get housing after only 3 months!

Personally, I wouldn’t have anyone here who couldn’t pay their way why should we subsidise them?

I wouldn't disagree with that. Show that you are willing to be part of the society and then be given the benefits we all have paid earlier. 

That's a fair deal for all of us.

Now how to handle the situations when some real life persons have had to leave everything they have behind. Should they be cared after by the common healthcare?

At the end of the day, it's not that simple to be both fair and good, what we all want to be, and.. the <deleted>, who has to say NO to some people, who might be abusing the system we all love and trust to take care of our selves. 

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

I can understand that you want the feeling of getting your country back. I have no objection to anyone's personal freedom.

But why would you want to wreck the EU? EU is what we want and EU gives us the personal freedoms we value a lot. 

Ignore morons!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

give me a break

this has nothing to do with legal basis

this is msm rumours and political mumble&waffle and wishful thinking

the UK rebate needs to be renewed in every EU budget period by negotiation between member states, and it is not being renewed in this coming period because of Britain’s planned departure.

10 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Many of those foreign workers do not pay British income tax. They work here for approximately 6 months, or untill they earn £12,000. They then return to their own country for the next 6 months. N.I. They will have to pay,allthough I don’t know if that is calculated over the 6mths or over the full year. Vat on products they buy, yes they will have to pay that. But then again from what I’ve noticed, they don’t spend much.

Off course they can receive free medical treatment, Free schooling for their children, unless their children are still in their home country, when they then claim British tax payers funded child allowance.

In the meantime, they are of course helping to keep the wages of the lower paid down.

British people can't or won't do the unskilled work.  In some cases they are in a debt trap or have to pay exorbitant housing costs, or they have a family to support.  And then again, some just won't do fair work for a fair day's pay.  Agency staff also point out that the sort of UK workers who have to resort to agency work may have issues, as evidenced by them not being able to hold down full time work which is readily available. It's a complex issue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

It’s disgusting our people starve whilst we feed the world.

And the EU just treat us like their big fault piggy bank.

'It’s disgusting our people starve whilst we feed the world.'

If the Government gave them decent benefits, affordable housing, or cracked down on scum landlords, then that would be a start wouldn't it?

Nothing stopping us clearing up our own back yard!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nontabury said:

And these builders did nothing at all to make Britain great again?

They didn't build the buildings British people like to visit? They didn't build the homes British people live in? They did absolutely nothing and just got paid for being idle in Britain?

Wow, I want that kind of job! Where can I sign in to immigrate myself to Britain, do nothing and get paid well.. or not so well?

Why does Britain offer these kind of deals for foreign workers who do absolutely nothing to improve the British society? Why does the British construction companies hire these people to do nothing? What is the business case there, I can't see?

Heck, I'd love to be one of these people, who do nothing and still both do work by British standards and as well do not work by British standards. 

All the benefits and no work whatsoever! The good life!

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

the UK rebate needs to be renewed in every EU budget period by negotiation between member states, and it is not being renewed in this coming period because of Britain’s planned departure.

... the Russian voice...

23 minutes ago, Grouse said:

What Tosh!

21 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Here here very very well written post well considered accurate argument.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Yes we are loosing it in any case!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKCN1MM1PV

Our contributions could be 20 billion a year soon, plus the fotlreign aid budget they spend part of?

seems expensive?

If it is less than 0.4% of GDP I don't care. Entirely reasonable

Edited by Grouse
Correction
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

If it is less than 4% of GDP I don't care. Entirely reasonable

Really GDP is Gross not net profit so to speak.

0.000000000001% is too much for me what do we get out of it?

NOTHING but abused and used as a piggy bank!

• Like 1