Earnings for Thai doctor. You agree?

watcharacters

I looked up sites showing the salary/earnings of doctors in Thailand and came across this information on a site called  Thailand retirement helpers.

I wonder if you agree with the figures this person offers:

"What are Thai doctors’ wages?

Let’s look at the salaries of upper middle-class professionals: physicians, whose salaries vary depending on whether they work in public or private hospitals. Public hospital salaries range is 20,000 – 30,000 Baht/month.

Overtime on 1 or 2 evenings and, say, Saturday, can add another 20,000 to 30,000. Depending on experience or expertise there may be some extra income from pharmaceutical manufacturers for various services which could bring in a further amount of money a possible range 10,000 to 30,000 Baht/month. A private, Bangkok, hospital like Bumrungrad pays 60,000 – 150,000 depending on hours, experience and skills. With some private clinic work on top (most physicians spend time at these), a private sector doctor could earn 2 – 3 million baht a year, or $100,000. Given the purchasing power parity of the Thai baht, that’s an effective income of about $250,000."

What do you think?

Edited by watcharacters
quotation marks

I am getting wary of Thai doctors. They seems to be more and more like salesmen..

Last month I went to see an ophthalmologist to renew my glasses prescription. He hardly looked at my tests and said "hmmmhhh.. your old prescription is still ok, but I recommend you get a cataract operation". As I have no problems spotting birds in the back of my garden, I thought, pretty loudly,  F..... Off.

But this reinforced my determination, in the afternoon,  to convince my urologist that "Active Surveillance was", for now, the best treatment for my prostate cancer..

1 minute ago, KiChakayan said:

I am getting wary of Thai doctors. They seems to be more and more like salesmen..

Last month I went to see an ophthalmologist to renew my glasses prescription. He hardly looked at my tests and said "hmmmhhh.. your old prescription is still ok, but I recommend you get a cataract operation". As I have no problems spotting birds in the back of my garden, I thought, pretty loudly,  F..... Off.

But this reinforced my determination, in the afternoon,  to convince my urologist that "Active Surveillance was", for now, the best treatment for my prostate cancer..

That  reminds me of what a fellow I knew once told me.   He said "my doctor won't let me do that".

I replied "you do what you want and your doctor really has no concern about you whatsoever".      He disagreed but for sure I think  in the final analysis a doctor is running a business and a part of his business is to offer  advice/suggestions and sell his products be it surgery or prescriptions.