Validity Period Of Consulate Letter RE Income

I was wondering how long in advance I could apply for a letter from my consulate for the purposes of extension of my annual retirement visa.  More than 3 months? If so that would leave me time to make the requisite 3 month deposit with a bank here - in case the income letter was inadequate.

2 hours ago, triffid said:

If so that would leave me time to make the requisite 3 month deposit with a bank here - in case the income letter was inadequate.

Do you not know whether your Income Letter is adequate? Bht 65000 per month.

2 hours ago, triffid said:

I was wondering how long in advance I could apply for a letter from my consulate for the purposes of extension of my annual retirement visa.  More than 3 months? If so that would leave me time to make the requisite 3 month deposit with a bank here - in case the income letter was inadequate.

Yes, this should work. I'm planning on doing the same for my next extension.

I'm currently on marriage, but intend to get back onto retirement next time round

9 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Do you not know whether your Income Letter is adequate? Bht 65000 per month.

Depends on your office. 2 years ago, my request for retirement extension was knocked back because 66,000 THB times 12 was less than 800,000 THB!

I protested that that wasn't the rule. It's 65,000 p/m OR 800,000 in the bank. But to no avail. His office, his rules.

So yes, 65,000 should qualify, but do ask before hand.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Depends on your office. 2 years ago, my request for retirement extension was knocked back because 66,000 THB times 12 was less than 800,000 THB!

I protested that that wasn't the rule. It's 65,000 p/m OR 800,000 in the bank. But to no avail. His office, his rules.

Bht 65000 per month DOES qualify, here in Phitsanulok anyway

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Bht 65000 per month DOES qualify, here in Phitsanulok anyway

And therein lies the potential trap. When I received my embassy letter 2 years ago, it's value was around 72,000 BHT.

Then came BREXIT! and by the time application day came round, it's value was only 66,000 THB.

You're never quite sure what's waiting for you down the expat road.

So having a seasoned cash top available is a vey good idea.

• Like 1