Election in February? Debate over election inspectors raises more doubts

rooster59

1 minute ago, baboon said:

February was out even when being announced. They will come out with any old cack to extricate themselves from a troublesome situation and worry about the fallout as and when it occurs...

That's the way they work here. Yes. 

And I liked Ceegee's great point that a Coronation needs many months of preparation and planning - what with all the heads of state and international dignitaries that would need to be invited; so one can easily imagine that this would shift the 'election' to the end of next year at the earliest (if some 'unexpected' sad event of national importance does not intervene first - and push the 'election' even further back) ...

1 minute ago, Eligius said:

That's the way they work here. Yes. 

And I liked Ceegee's great point that a Coronation needs many months of preparation and planning - what with all the heads of state and international dignitaries that would need to be invited; so one can easily imagine that this would shift the 'election' to the end of next year at the earliest (if some 'unexpected' sad event of national importance does not intervene first - and push the 'election' even further back) ...

Exactly as planned.

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

A lot of people tried, but the article 44 is so powerful that not many want to end up in jail. Or disappear. 

Actually, I was sad to see that only very, very, very few people actually have tried to get out there on demos and marches (to support the brave students) and oppose the junta. One can understand why. But it remains deeply disappointing. In numbers lies the unconquerable strength and might of the Thai people. Even a junta cannot defy the manifested will of the people in their millions for very long ...

33 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Actually, I was sad to see that only very, very, very few people actually have tried to get out there on demos and marches (to support the brave students) and oppose the junta. One can understand why. But it remains deeply disappointing. In numbers lies the unconquerable strength and might of the Thai people. Even a junta cannot defy the manifested will of the people in their millions for very long ...

I don't disagree with many of your points.

You say ......(to support the brave students) ......, a point not to be ignored, on the other hand there's plenty of Thais who tend to believe 'the students' (meaning the students who have protested, not all students) are being driven / supported by other 'forces'.

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I don't disagree with many of your points.

You say ......(to support the brave students) ......, a point not to be ignored, on the other hand there's plenty of Thais who tend to believe 'the students' (meaning the students who have protested, not all students) are being driven / supported by other 'forces'.

It's possible that Thaksin is behind the student protests (which is what your 'other forces' refers to, I imagine) - but I rather doubt it. I've seen no evidence to that effect. I think there are some very brave young people who actually CARE about what is happening to their country now ...

4 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Elections will only be held when they are set up well enough to get the required result, nothing to do with democracy and only to appease the world beyond it's borders.

They already have the required result. The problem will be convincing the Thais and appeasing the rest of the world.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

They obviously can fool the people as long as they wish. There are enough people who hate the guy as I do. I had a very interesting chat with my dentist. She's in her late 50 ties and what she said was true and sad at the same time. She called the wannabe soldier and self-made politician a dictator who does all that the country went back to Stonehenge.

She's so sad about educated people who do believe that these people are good and named teachers, doctors, nurses and others she knows as sheep who just follow an insane group of people. She's also mentioned that especially teenagers seem to have huge problems that got much worse since they took over. 

Was it a coincidence that a student at my school committed suicide only six days after her words? I doubt that. The article is so powerful that it allows them to do all with people who try to fight the system. I fully understand why people are scared to death. The damage is already done and I don't think that the junta will be replaced by a democratic party and all will be forgotten. The bomb will always be ticking. Why do they need so many soldiers, if they hadn't planned something? I hope that I'm damn wrong. 

Archived