The world’s riskiest place to visit, if you’re British

webfact

By The Thaiger & The Nation

shutterstock-394669240.jpg

PHOTO: worldatlas.com

If you’re British, where in the world is the riskiest place for you to visit?  New research by Endsleigh Insurance Services has unveiled the world’s riskiest holiday destinations.

Thailand has been found to be the world’s riskiest holiday destination for British tourists, according to a new report. The report looked at data from 2017, ranking countries on where the most insurance claims were made and Thailand came out on top.

The report found that Thailand accounted for 23 percent of travel insurance claims made in 2017 – more than any other country. Travel insurance claims included emergency medical expenses, damaged luggage and flight cancellations.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/the-worlds-riskiest-place-to-visit-if-youre-british

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-08-13

If a particular person/ nationality has a particular problem internationally..

then it is logical to conclude that the problem lies within that person.....rather than  within the area or citizens  where they choose to visit. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Never  claimed  anything here  in 13  years.................except for gross  stupidity.

Once saw a bloke with two broken legs in full casts wearing a singlet and thongs and no helmet riding a motorbike through thick traffic and I thought there's an accident waiting to happen.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Read the OP, its not the riskiest destination, its the destination the has the most insurance claims, damaged luggage, missed flight, eat to much chilli then go the doctors for an upset stomach, backpackers claiming a lost Iphone to fund the trip etc.

Its the riskiest destination for insurance companies, not tourists.

Correct, but the headline in the OP was in fact:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12+ years here and I have never felt unsafe infact I feel safer here than walking the streets of London wherever you go luggage can be damaged and flights delayed or cancelled , my wife flew from Bangkok to Manchester last week everything was fine until she got to Heathrow only to find her onward flight to Manchester was cancelled and she would have to wait 48 hours so the daughter had to drive 200+ miles to collect her and yes her AXA Thai insurance will meet all the additional costs !

• Like 1

My experience here with tourists is that they are definitely not "street wise" & the added danger of tourists walking, riding motorcycles etc  whilst using mobile phones is a real problem. Yesterday I witnessed a touristin Bangkok nearly walking off the Skytrain platform reading emails!! You see it everyday here ............. & Thailand is definitely the wrong place to do it ......... not looking where you are going is fatal! Cars will not stop if you walk into the road, motorbikes ride on pavements .......... so you really need to have your wits about you at all times ................ christ, they don't even stop at traffic lights & zebra crossings!! I think Thailand has got to be up in the "top ten" countries where tourists on holiday are taking massive risks by coming here. Health & safety does exist here, but it's not enforced anywhere near as rigid as european countries ............ it's a country where the risks are "up to you".... fact.

Edited by Daveyh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

If a particular person/ nationality has a particular problem internationally..

then it is logical to conclude that the problem lies within that person.....rather than  within the area or citizens  where they choose to visit. 

The report only talks about one nationality so it can in no possible way be taken as indicative of whether a particular nationality has a particular problem.

7 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

12+ years here and I have never felt unsafe infact I feel safer here than walking the streets of London wherever you go luggage can be damaged and flights delayed or cancelled , my wife flew from Bangkok to Manchester last week everything was fine until she got to Heathrow only to find her onward flight to Manchester was cancelled and she would have to wait 48 hours so the daughter had to drive 200+ miles to collect her and yes her AXA Thai insurance will meet all the additional costs !

So you have never driven a car or ridden a motor bike here then

that's so safe in Thailand.. :smile: