The death of Walking Street

soistalker

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If you are "well built" it's an advantage to "see her breakfast" first to ensure there aren't going to be any issues later.

There will be 'issues' of some sort or the other regardless if you measure it up or not.

Par for the course, no?

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

There will be 'issues' of some sort or the other regardless if you measure it up or not.

Par for the course, no?

Not always (old father time is catching up on me) but a "mouse's ear" is always an issue.

Edited by Spidey

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I would need to ask why would you ever need to even try using your phone camera in a gogo?

Unless it's for a "How I met your mum" momento for the kids?

A surprising number of tourists do try and get pics.

As for the memento, assuming things really did work out well with the girl, wouldn't it be nice to have that pic capturing the moment she first waved her bottom in your face? For posterity of course! 

24 minutes ago, The manic said:

Sorry.  If you wish to go back in the day in a silly way there was not even a brick building in Pattaya.I was referring to the 80s and 90s up to 2008 when the vast majority of the 70 odd GG bars were nude and coyote and agency girls were unheard of. Check bin. Next!

Sorry, but AFAIK the TQ is made from bricks.

I was referring EXACTLY to the period after the 1980's when "build it, make them all naked and they will come" was the business mantra that eventually buggered the whole show. Once you've seen one stunner naked, you've pretty much seen them all. So instead of getting punters 'shopping' and drinking for longer, they ended up with a higher churn as guys came, drank their 1 beer, made the 10-minute assessment that "The One" isn't here tonight and legged it to the next naked gogo bar. The rent is steep and despite having more flange on display than a pipe fitters warehouse, the customers are drinking less. So they upped the prices. They totally killed the goose when they went mainstream naked. The curiously lingering Coyote fad is on life support with agency staff because guess what, younger Thai girls do have (marginally) better lifestyle choices there days.

But that's not unique to WS. We've all seen the street full of coffee shops, cake shops, auto parts shops, etc., all over this blighted land. The latest fad is the backpacker hostel shoehorned into every second row of shophouses, some even on Beach road, specifically catering for the non-Caucasian.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Sorry, but AFAIK the TQ is made from bricks.

I was referring EXACTLY to the period after the 1980's when "build it, make them all naked and they will come" was the business mantra that eventually buggered the whole show. Once you've seen one stunner naked, you've pretty much seen them all. So instead of getting punters 'shopping' and drinking for longer, they ended up with a higher churn as guys came, drank their 1 beer, made the 10-minute assessment that "The One" isn't here tonight and legged it to the next naked gogo bar. The rent is steep and despite having more flange on display than a pipe fitters warehouse, the customers are drinking less. So they upped the prices. They totally killed the goose when they went mainstream naked. The curiously lingering Coyote fad is on life support with agency staff because guess what, younger Thai girls do have (marginally) better lifestyle choices there days.

But that's not unique to WS. We've all seen the street full of coffee shops, cake shops, auto parts shops, etc., all over this blighted land. The latest fad is the backpacker hostel shoehorned into every second row of shophouses, some even on Beach road, specifically catering for the non-Caucasian.

"Sorry, but AFAIK the TQ is made from bricks." I meant BITD before TQ. BITD has no objective meaning. Its entirely subjective. 

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

"Sorry, but AFAIK the TQ is made from bricks." I meant BITD before TQ. BITD has no objective meaning. Its entirely subjective. 

Yes it's relative to the individual. Your 'back in the day' is chronologically shifted from my 'back in the day' although I think we can agree that bits of our respective 'back in the day' in the 80's probably overlapped.

Since it appears this WS thread has become gogo-centric, I merely offered that the TQ was the first one... and it was (still is) a fair ways from a WS that wasn't blighted by that rather unimaginative moniker.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 8:17 AM, lapd said:

Or maybe you are just getting older.  You are also probably expecting everything to be exactly the same as it was 15 years ago.

That's the answer. Surely the excitement would dimish after 15 years even if there were no changes at all. I lost interest in Walking Street in a few days, back in 2005. It was no more exciting back then than it is now.

I'd be happy if it disappeared. It would improve traffic flow along Beach Road and remove the Baht Bus traffic jam.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Last time i walking trough Walking Street then near that Russian strip joint a male Russian plopper comes up to me speaking very loud in my ear and wildly pointing to the upstairs Russian strip joint blabla with very serious look in his eye and a convincing voice tone and all in An unknown language for me?..

Now what insults me about this is that apparently he thinks that i am a Russian just from my appearance?

Perhaps their DNA responds to a classic WWII quote from the Finnish border: Rukiver, Tavarits! , which basically means hands up or I'll cap your commie arse. I take it as an insult if somebody tries to speak russki to me.

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2018 at 1:29 PM, Henricus said:

Never come back as it was in 1979

10527753_543048569172627_2392753882631793468_n.jpg.97fefda5dc2ba9f76761cdd86feaf9cb.jpg

Thanks for this pic. October 1979 was my first trip to Thailand. No interest for Pattaya then, went hiking amongst the poppy fields on the Burmese border...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

I'm not going to try. Could you just tell us what happens?

Assuming it's done in innocence, they'll be quite pleasant about it, but will be over right away to stop and warn you. If they think you've been taking photos they'll want to see them deleted. If you make a problem, mamasang and then bouncers will quickly come along to "help". Everyone working in the bar will quickly sound the alert if they see customers taking photos so it's not something that can be done discreetly. Policies may vary in some of the tamer bars however, and some places also seem ok about people taking selfies with their friends or the girl they're with, as long as they're not capturing nudity on stage. Some bars like Crazy House in Bangkok insist on no mobile use whatsoever in the bar, they're not willing to take the risk. 

• Thanks 1

Imagine it will continue to morph and become more sanitized and subdued like Olongapo, Barrio Barretto did after 1991.

I was 18/19 years old when I first visited Pattaya/Walking St., wading ashore from a long-tail boat with a few hundred dollars in my pocket.  Turn right, fend off the free-lancers, and there it was.  Disneyland.  Set to Billy Idol "Money Money" and Milli Vanilli, loud enough to make you cringe.  I got outta there after the first night, up into a tidy little hostel up in N. Pattaya somewhere, but would tuk tuk down to drink with the lads on W.S.

Now days, prefer the pace of East Pattaya where a mate of mine lives.   Only motivation we have to cross Suk is for walk-about at Central Festival, maybe Friendship Supermarket, and then some restaurants in the early evening; after which we retreat back up the hill, go "Tah Dump Tah Dump" over the railway line, then disappear into the shadows of The Dark Side.  ?‍♂️

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The manic said:

Best is that you'll have your phone taken and wiped and returned worst you'll get beaten badly.

I did notice in one bar you couldn't get a signal. They must have had some blocker. I think that was Sensations.

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

I did notice in one bar you couldn't get a signal. They must have had some blocker. I think that was Sensations.

It is not uncommon for the signal to be blocked, but I think it is more to do with keeping the staff off their phones, which isn't such a bad idea!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Dollhouse Bkk also had a sign up saying that anyone taking photos would incur a 20000 baht fine. Whether they ever implemented it or not I've no idea. 

That would be all bluff. Private businesses can't fine people. They would have to prove damages and sue.

11 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Living here it is the last place I go.  I do not think I have been in a year.

WS is a tourist rip off girls in a hurry and bad performance venue for foolish people.

I like to spend time with a lady for a few hours and it is way at the bottom of my list.

No need for the place I actually hope they tear it down and make a family entertainment center out of it.

As someone who's new to Pattaya, may I ask for a couple of suggestions?   I realize it's a subjective opinion but that's totally fine.   (Places you like to drink/hang out and spend time with some hot chicks.)

6 hours ago, 7of9rocks said:

As someone who's new to Pattaya, may I ask for a couple of suggestions?   I realize it's a subjective opinion but that's totally fine.   (Places you like to drink/hang out and spend time with some hot chicks.)

Heavens Above Electric Blue The Palace The windmill doll house a go go opposite EB.

Bars I bar 8 till 10

Bars champagne bar, scooters,fair ground attraction Soi lk metro

Touch go go LK metro

Scooters bar Soi buakhao

Kinaree Soi 4 Pratumnak day club

On 8/15/2018 at 2:52 PM, davidst01 said:

it went down hill when they knocked down the 'rolling live' bar and replaced it with an ugly looking nightclub that is dead empty on a sat night

Rolling Live has been replaced by this bar Hot tubs  with lam Morrisom playing