non B to retirement

I assume you are on an extension of stay based upon working not a 90 day entry from a non-b visa.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay from working to retirement. You will need a termination letter from your employer to cancel you current extension so you can apply for one based upon retirement.

As said if your current extension was not issued at Jomtien you will have to go to the office that issued it to have it canceled.

If using the 800k baht option it will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

4 minutes ago, kkpat said:

Sorry, didn't explain properly, it's a non B visa issued in Phnom Penh.

I'll be on a 90 day entry.

All that is required to apply for a extension is a non immigrant visa entry. But you might come across some officers that will insist it has to be a non-o visa.

The problem with a non-b visa is that they were issued based upon working for a company so immigration might balk at doing the extension. You should confirm at Jomtien immigration whether they will do it or not.

19 minutes ago, kkpat said:

Sorry, didn't explain properly, it's a non B visa issued in Phnom Penh.

I'll be on a 90 day entry.

Thanks for the replies.

last year the Thai embassy in the UK issued me a Non B by mistake instead of a non O. I didn't notice tilll I landed, not that I could have done anything anyway in the UK. I just waited until it was time to do the extension and went along to Sri Ratcha. They refused, said that retirement had to be on a Non O. I had to go to the MFA and get the visa converted. They wanted me to leave the passport as they wanted to investigate how a Non B had been issued without any business docs. I explained that immigration had only given me 24 hours to return or I would have to get another letter from the bank so they said they would see what they could do. It went to the wire, I thought it was a non event when they shut the office but he came out about 15 minutes later and said ok. I had to sign various forms and they stamped my passport for the visa conversion. Went back to immigration following morning, the supervisor recognised me and extension went straight through.

• 1 month later...