Ever Eaten At "tha Siam" Restaurants In Bkk?

papaya9

I have eaten there three times (at the one in Siam Square) and it is OK but seems pretty dirty there. My TGF swears they put ganja in the noodles because it makes the food taste better. I disagree because I would have had a bad experience had I got high from eating that stuff (I hate ganja).

Anyone hear the same?

A lot of places used to put it in food in Thailand and SEA, but as an tasty herb, rather than an intoxicant.

They purposely use the stuff that won't get you high. :o

Pay attention now kids, Uncle UG knows his herbs. It is true ganja leaves have been used for seasoning in many dishes in the past. I would think that this is gradually disappearing, but I would also not be surprised if a few places still do it without making a big deal out of it.

As Uncle UG says, they use parts of the plant that contain such a miniscule amount of THC nobody will get high Also remember there are several strains of hemp, many of them are not grown to get anybody high, but to produce fibre for cloth/ropes, or seeds for consumption. Sometimes a distinction is made between cannabis ruderalis, cannabis sativa and cannabis indica. The two latter strains were combined to produce high-THC plants, and the first is a low THC variety which grows as a weed.

I have eaten there three times (at the one in Siam Square) and it is OK but seems pretty dirty there. My TGF swears they put ganja in the noodles because it makes the food taste better. I disagree because I would have had a bad experience had I got high from eating that stuff (I hate ganja).

Anyone hear the same?

I think she ought to lay off the Bob Hope for a bit ...

A lot of places used to put it in food in Thailand and SEA, but as an tasty herb, rather than an intoxicant.

They purposely use the stuff that won't get you high. :D

Pay attention now kids, Uncle UG knows his herbs. It is true ganja leaves have been used for seasoning in many dishes in the past. I would think that this is gradually disappearing, but I would also not be surprised if a few places still do it without making a big deal out of it.

As Uncle UG says, they use parts of the plant that contain such a miniscule amount of THC nobody will get high Also remember there are several strains of hemp, many of them are not grown to get anybody high, but to produce fibre for cloth/ropes, or seeds for consumption. Sometimes a distinction is made between cannabis ruderalis, cannabis sativa and cannabis indica. The two latter strains were combined to produce high-THC plants, and the first is a low THC variety which grows as a weed.

Sounds like someone else also knows more that he should about reefer madness. :o

They purposely use the stuff that won't get you high. :D

Sounds like someone else also knows more that he should about reefer madness. :o

:D Mr MS AKA Mr Nice

Thanks for your replies. She just berated me for telling her that she was wrong:P

Funny how these stories start, a few years ago I had an ex GF assure me that the big bubble pipes lined up in the Middle Eastern restaurants around Sukh Soi3 are used exclusively for smoking opium on the premises.

The Japanese have a 7 spice chilli powder "Shichimi" (or similar name) with hemp seeds as a flavouring ingredient.

The primary ingredient is ground chilli powder to which they add hemp seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, seaweed (nori), mandarin orange peel, and another type of pepper that I don't have a name for. This is a traditional blend but I would guess that what you buy outside of Japan would not have hemp seeds.