SURVEY: Military Parades, Good or Bad?

Scott

SURVEY: Military Parades, Good or Bad?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There was a recent thread about the postponement of Trump's Military Parade.   In general, do you believe that military parades are a good idea?

Please feel free to post a comment.

There is seminal need for any group to display its martial valor and thus demonstrate a peoples' degree of security ... confetti parades do not do this .... these are pure ostentation that please a given political purpose, which I'm afraid is Trump's goal, especially as a lifelong glitter man who gold plates toilets.

Edited by OmarZaid
typo

27 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I love a damn good military parade..

These folks can stomp over me whenever they feel like it..

Females..uniforms..guns..

(What is that you are saying?Donald Frump..pfui!)

WOW, if it's going to be hundreds of hotties like that how do I change my vote?

• Haha 2

As an ex-serviceman with 17years service in the RAF I can say quite happily that I don’t know anyone who liked parades. They are normally done on what should be your time of, time that could be better spent with your family and friends. Not marching through towns in front of civilians who couldn’t give a stuff about the forces. 

Australia and I assume NZ hold annual ANZAC Day parades. They march through capital cities but it os remembrance of those fallen and to celebrate the veterans.

Not to try to show the world how big our pen1s is, which is what I think Trump was thinking aboit his parade.

13 minutes ago, tuky said:

Australia and I assume NZ hold annual ANZAC Day parades. They march through capital cities but it os remembrance of those fallen and to celebrate the veterans.

Not to try to show the world how big our pen1s is, which is what I think Trump was thinking aboit his parade.

Ah, the irony of a draft dodger wanting to arrange a military parade in his own honor.:bah: I guess he found out he would miss a round of golf and canceled it.

• Like 1

Exactly, and the majority of these parades, think Kim, Putin, Xi and so on, the people who turn up to watch probably have little choice.

But I bet the likes of Kim feels pretty splendid watching an ICBM cruise past his throne.

Poor trump, he has to postpone his own phallic display. But, lets not forget trumps button is the  most tremendous, biggest button the world has ever seen.