Plant a BIG tree in Thailand & harvest

Hi all 

I have been hearing my local neighbors mentioning along the line: now we can plant big tree and harvest 

I been searching online to no avail and need much help on 

is there any link to 

- Confirmation of Thai government removing the Law of Harvest big trees (in English)

- link to Thai big tree, native & traditional tree with English names 

Thank you so much 

There was a story in the “unquotable and unlinkable ” paper recently about this, I believe that at the moment it is only proposed that some of the red tape be lifted regarding the harvest of timber such as teak and rosewood from private land. It has not come into force yet.

It's has come trust me, just couldn't get whole in English.

farmers, nurseries, government appointmented Archan (kaset), kaset-takorn, rai owners are mentioning all paperwork done, is a 'go' and some already planted 

I heard all of them within this month.

You can notice all the nursery are bringing out the old unsold big tree & even sharing the same 'Unquotable'. 

But again I might be wrong, so I am still hoping for someone with good or better news than me

Or else I just need a link for Thai big tree translations to English 

Perhaps I can get a help on this? 

Thank you 

Drtreelove

Thanks for the suggestions 

Since 3 years I fill up with fruits, some herbs shrubs - 

Banana mango Mangoestee, durian, Jack, lamyay, coco, macadamia, Berri, Noi naa, semunphai and Etc.. 

Agroforestry it's interesting 

But, for now searching for a big tree - lumber or a traditional single or multi stem big tree of Thailand tree with English translations so I can do my study base on it.

I am also not looking for 'pay of' for now. 

I have hang nuk yung, Kan phu, stow, Malom mayom and need to extend the list 

so need a link for Thai big tree in English translations 

Well I only read the story about two weeks ago, it was still subject to discussion by a committee to lay down the rules, then it would have to be passed by the govt, then published in the royal gazette, and then it would come into force 60 days later.....so I think all those people are jumping the gun !

5 hours ago, MikeN said:

Well I only read the story about two weeks ago, it was still subject to discussion by a committee to lay down the rules, then it would have to be passed by the govt, then published in the royal gazette, and then it would come into force 60 days later.....so I think all those people are jumping the gun !

Would you kindly share the link the story u read please 

Been trying hard to find it and read it 

thanks Mike 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 3:46 PM, Sebastian Yanto said:

Would you kindly share the link the story u read please 

Been trying hard to find it and read it 

thanks Mike 

Well here is an update for you Sebastian, from the Nation so we are allowed to quote them this time.

the Cabinet approved in principle a bill to amend the forestry laws to allow landowners to make decisions about protected trees residing on their lands without first seeking approval from forestry officials.

So it has been approved but not yet passed into law.

Talking about timber trees, has anyone come across Paulonia's in Thailand. I would love to grow some. They are originally from China and were introduced into Australia during the gold rush and now grow from the tropics to the more temperate climates in Australia. They are one of the fastest growing hardwood tree's in the world. The Aussie termites would rather eat Eucalyptus Marginarta(jarrha) than these. Had some on my property east of Perth, one of them was 15 years old when I cut it down during the winter. The regrowth from the cambium layer was measured every time I got home(FIFO construction) and at the end of the growing season it was 5 metres tall. The are good for fine furniture and home building.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
On August 21, 2018 at 4:21 PM, cooked said:

Anything similar in your neighbourhood? The locals should be able to help. Around here during the rainy season the water table is about one metre higher than the ground. However in summer many of the ponds dry out almost completely including ours which is 8 metres deep.

Traditionally clay would be used, both sides and bottom. If this dries out cracks may form that won't seal so easily, so you need, somehow, to get vegetation on the banks both to provide shade and prevent erosion.

A LOT of work.

On September 9, 2018 at 3:18 PM, MikeN said:

Well here is an update for you Sebastian, from the Nation so we are allowed to quote them this time.

the Cabinet approved in principle a bill to amend the forestry laws to allow landowners to make decisions about protected trees residing on their lands without first seeking approval from forestry officials.

So it has been approved but not yet passed into law.

Thanks Mike 

The planting is a 'go' for sure and easily passed, I also plant some already.

they also use this (planting trees) as an asset value to get a 'loan' 

the last time farmers need to get 3 Person above 17 as 'guarantor' to get a 'loan' 

they use any bait to get any uneducated farmer to get a loan, part of it...

And of course on the positive side is No paperwork to plant now.

Now searching for a list of tree that legally harvested without notify anyone for home usage strictly.

planning to build furnitures using tress that I can plant in my land.

any advise?

Thank again 

Archived