Does any maker sell NEW complete engines?

WonnabeBiker

Want to buy a big(ger) bike than my scooter for the upcoming holidays. Am spoilt for choices.

Z-250, CBR 300, an old Phantom (which I've been renting for years and like as speed and accelleration is not important to me) or a Er-6n for less than 100 k? Then there is a 2010 Z-750.

Benelli? Mmm. Someone is selling one nearby. but the re-sale will be a diuretic experience.

Back home, I have a Kawa 600 and a VFR 800 (gears driven valves). For the VFR, I do have a spare engine.

Q: Does Kawasaki or XY sell complete new engines? I read of a catastrophic engine failure on a Versys.

Cheers,

25 minutes ago, WonnabeBiker said:

Q: Does Kawasaki or XY sell complete new engines? I read of a catastrophic engine failure on a Versys.

Never heard of catastrophic engine failure on Versys the 650 one in my case had cheap valves fitted as OEM for my year engine number that were replaced.

The engines can have minor fault as any bike that said the twin 650 kwacka lump has been around for years and mostly referred to as bullet proof.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Never heard of catastrophic engine failure on Versys the 650 one in my case had cheap valves fitted as OEM for my year engine number that were replaced.

The engines can have minor fault as any bike that said the twin 650 kwacka lump has been around for years and mostly referred to as bullet proof.

Read it on a forum - a few years ago.

BMW used to sell complete engines. But that was some 30 years ago. And they are having less extortionate parts prices.

4 hours ago, WonnabeBiker said:

Read it on a forum - a few years ago.

BMW used to sell complete engines. But that was some 30 years ago. And they are having less extortionate parts prices.

Yeah I get where your coming from, 30 years ago was different to today many engines can be rebuilt when problems occur as I see it.

I'm diy motorcycle mechanic before complicated ECU and computerized fueling.

You can rebuilt a engine in Thailand easier enough.

Archived