Dairy Free Cheese

jagi00

My doctor has put me on a dairy free diet so I'm looking for dairy free cheese. I have found a brand named Daiya which would be ideal as it is also nut and soya free. It is available in Villa Markets but I have not found it or any alternatives here in CM. Does anyone know where to find in CM? I have checked Tops at Festival and Rimping Meechok but no luck.

I thought cheese, by definition, is made from the milk of mammals.

The OP could try giving up cheese instead. I've found a good yoghurt is equally tasty. Most Thai cheese is inedible, so not a big sacrifice.

The OP does not state the reason for the diet restriction. Limitations on fat intake, or lactose intolerant?

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I thought cheese, by definition, is made from the milk of mammals.

The OP could try giving up cheese instead. I've found a good yoghurt is equally tasty. Most Thai cheese is inedible, so not a big sacrifice.

The OP does not state the reason for the diet restriction. Limitations on fat intake, or lactose intolerant?

Yeh, dairy free yoghurt,

14 hours ago, rebo said:

Try the friendly "Chiang Mai bread" bakery (https://www.happycow.net/reviews/chiang-mai-bread-chiang-mai-49091).
They
produce what you're looking for, and I find it delicious even though it's clear it' not real cheese (made from almond "milk").

And the bread --- hmmmm ...!

Thanks, I will check them out but pass on the bread as I make my own. Local stuff is too sweet for me.

It is fairly easy to find soy yoghurt here. Also, you might want to try goat cheese. I also have a lactose intolerance, and find goat cheese is not a problem. However, goat cheese here is crazy expensive. Also, in some of the gourmet markets they sell coconut ice cream, with no dairy. 

Archived