Aston Martin re-issues James Bond's iconic "Goldfinger" DB5 (complete with all the gadgets)

snoop1130

Aston Martin re-issues James Bond's iconic "Goldfinger" DB5 (complete with all the gadgets)

By Michael Harvey

Goldfinger-DB5-Contunation-4_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqdw-cK3ajvcoXavMZovuTFCFxyGgy7szyv1FSlh_iKR8.jpg

The DB5, star of countless Bond films and back next year CREDIT: FRANCOIS DUHAMEL

There is, as of his morning, a price to be James Bond and it is £2.75m, plus taxes.

That’s what Aston Martin will charge for each of the 25 replica DB5s it will build next year. Not any old DB5s, but actual copies of the Silver Birch DB5, reg BMT 216A first driven by 007 in the 1964 movie Goldfinger. And it will come with all the extras.

Aston Martin has been in the vanguard of the “continuation car” movement  - where car makers raid their back catalogues for rare and collectable cars to bring back in to production at astronomical prices - since 1988.

Full Story: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/motoring/aston-martin-re-issues-james-bonds-iconic-goldfinger-db5-complete/

A little pricey I would say unless it comes with the ejection seat, rocket launchers (rockets included), and all the other gadgets that any Bond wannabe should have..

Funny thing is they will actually sell some.. I think I would wait for the super sale at 98% off.. 

Back in the early seventies I would spend many hours at Newport Pagnell waiting for my bosses DB6 mark II. I would talk with the guys there about the cars, and they would give me barely used tires from some of the cars for my dune buggy. They told me that everything on the JB car worked except for the shafts coming out of the axle that would shred another cars tires. There just wasn't the technology back than to put the hydraulics needed into the axle.....maybe now it is possible. I spotted an Aston sitting off in a corner and asked about it. Turned out it was Prince Charles car, but they didn't care about him or working on it. That British bloody minded attitude of #%*{ the rich. When William got married he and his bride drove off in the same car nearly 35 years later. Supposedly William forgot to release the hand brake and drove the whole way with it still on.....funny. The Aston DB6 was a really nice car to drive....back then it had fuel injection, five gears, and select a ride for squatting the suspension down when you really wanted to move, and electric windows.....all the comforts, but no air conditioning. We used to drive at ninety on country roads from Cheltenham to Coventry, and on the motorway a hundred, but if in a hurry  a hundred and twenty. These days you couldn't do this because to many cars on the road, back then it was not that congested except for London. Fun days.

The DB5 is the start of 'countless' Bond films.

There have been 24 Bond films so even if it appeared in all (which it didn't, only in half a dozen or so) it would come to ..... 24.

Is counting beyond 23 something special nowadays?

Archived