Amateur Tennis Tournaments In Thailand

Heng

Looking for amateur (as in, not beginner... but non International Tennis Federation) under 35 tennis tournaments. There seems to be plenty of junior competitions, but not much for adults. Anyone know of a local league, ladder, or web forum?

thanks!

:o

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I live in Chiang Mai and was wondering the same thing. Have you found out any information about amateur tennis tournaments in Thailand?

Rick

Looking for amateur (as in, not beginner... but non International Tennis Federation) under 35 tennis tournaments. There seems to be plenty of junior competitions, but not much for adults. Anyone know of a local league, ladder, or web forum?

thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

hi Rick,

Sorry, no. I have just played one tourney this year.... Bangkok 5th Annual Adidas at ISB. www.bangkokcharitytennis.com Pretty good field, some tough players, a few sandbaggers, but overall a nice tournament. Then there is the Sports Authority of Thailand tournaments, open to all, I think 4-5 of them per year... but very very tough field, pretty much all made up of local pros and really good juniors (if comparing with USTA grades... I'd rate most of these kids in the range of 16-18 championship and super championship class). Too rough for me.

• 2 months later...

thanks!

We could always start our own using this thread to make connections. I am a 3.5+ level player and am always looking for a match. Used to play a lot of league tennis and some tournaments but my game has slowed down with age. Let me know if you or anyone else reading this is interested in playing a match. Aloha, mauiguy90